Chapter 11:

My grammar is probably terrible in this chapter, but I almost fell asleep while editing it. Sorry.

Chapter 11:

Valentina's POV:

What I missed most about my home was my car. At least that was what I told Rosalie when she asked. I had obviously lied, but I just couldn't bring myself to tell the truth. What I missed most wasn't my family, as I had expected it to be. It was the safety.

Yeah, I realize that it's kind of pathetic. Conner would never let anybody harm me. He had even taken me out of combat practice after the event with the big werewolf guy. That didn't erase the fact that he had pinned me against a wall twice, though.

I had almost started to believe that I could work things out with Conner. I had given him a day of comfort, and we had opened up to each other. Hell, he had even marked me! I had slowly started to trust Conner, and I had felt safe with him.

Of course he had destroyed everything afterwards. He had yelled at me in front of his entire pack, and almost accused me of being unfaithful, (which was stupid, considering I hadn't exactly agreed to date him,) even though I hadn't done anything wrong. I realized that I could have been better at communicating, but that didn't mean it was okay to react the way he had.

I had probably spilled my secret when I shouted back at him, but I didn't really care. I was proud of being a vampire, and I didn't want anyone to believe I was a human, or (God forbid) a werewolf.

Rosalie had luckily given me the keys before she had gone to do her patrol. I was supposed to give them on to Conner, but I hadn't really gotten the chance. So now I was driving this stupid car of his down a random, abandoned road, while I missed my own Camaro. At least I was pretty sure it was a Chevrolet Camaro I owned. I didn't know much about cars, to be honest.

I was still wondering why Conner would drive such an old carriage, when I felt a sudden pain in my stomach. I looked down, pretty sure someone had just hit me, but everything seemed normal. The pain had come out of nowhere. What the hell?

It felt as though another blow landed on my jaw, but I still couldn't see anything. The pain was so intense that I almost passed out, and I started to panic. It felt like I was in the middle of a fight, even though I was alone in my car. It was almost like cut out of a horror movie.

Suddenly me wrists started to burn, like somebody was pressing hot steel around them. The pain was unbelievable, worse than anything I had ever felt. I didn't hear my own scream through the pain, and I pressed my hands against my chest, like it would somehow ease the pain.

It took me a moment to realize that I was still driving. I had pushed the Gas pedal to the breaking point without noticing, and I was driving down the road at full speed. I forced my hands back on the wheel, before I pushed down the break at full force. Not a smart move, to be honest.

The car started to make a stop more sudden than appreciated, but I had turned my wheel to fast, and I ended up driving off the road. The gravel that now was underneath the wheels, made the still breaking car spin, and I managed to scream again before the car hit a three. I passed out instantly. I didn't even get time to be worried about wrecking Conner's car.

I woke up with a headache that made me feel like psyduck. I started to wonder if I would get awesome psychic powers now, but I shook the thoughts of me. I had more important things to think about than Pokémon, strange as it might seem.

I considered getting out of the car, but I didn't wanna move more than necessary. I couldn't just sit here and wait for the pain to go away, though, as tempting as it might seem. I ended up compromising, and pulled my phone out of my pocket.