Chapter 14

This won't be that long unfortunately. Just a little sum sum. COMMENT

Comment

Comment

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Aleyah POV

"Good morning Mrs. Amaro." I smile to my patient. I've been in such a great mood since last weekend with Cameron. Things have been going absolutely perfect.

"Good morning dollface." she smiles back. She's Italian and battling cancer, like most of the patients I deal with.

"How are you this morning?" I put my gloves on.

"Eh, the same as always. Did you have sex last night?"

"What?" I laugh. "No ma'am I did not."

"Why are you so happy?"

"I mean, I woke up this morning. There's nothing I should be sad about, because I'm blessed enough to see another day. Why are you so happy?"

"My husband is coming to visit me today."

"Awh, that's wonderful!"

"I know, I miss him dearly."

"I would bet so."

"Doc?"

"Yes ma'am?"

"How long do I have left?" she cocks her head to the side. This was the hardest part about dealing with cancer patients, it's like putting a limit on someone's life, and it just does something to me.

"Um, you have about six weeks."

"Will you come to my funeral?"

"Uh, I'm not good with funerals..."

"I think my caregiver should be there." she laughs.

"How are you so comfortable talking about this?" I smile a little.

"Well honey, it's gotta happen some time right?" she smiles. I nod in agreement, but death was the last thing I am thinking about right now. The rest of the day was a breeze. When I got home, I was surprised to see who was on the porch waiting for me. Tiffany.

"What are you doing here?" I stop in front of crossing my arms.

"Aleyah, I'm so sorry about the other day. I was paid to do it. I swear. Cam re-"

"Cameron."

"Cameron recently turned down a business offer and the guy had me do that. I swear. He paid me. Then threatened my life if I didn't succeed in ruining y'all marriage. But I really really need somewhere to stay for the next few days."

"Oh hell no." I walk past her and she grabs my hand.

"Aleyah please!"

"I don't trust you." I jerk my hand away.

"I don't want to die." her eyes water. "It is only for three days, maybe shorter if I get my money fast enough, then I'm out of California forever." she begs. I don't know what came over me, but my heart softened.

"Fine... But you are not to be anywhere near Cameron, while I'm not around. Period. Don't even go in my room. His home-"

"I will keep to myself I promise. I just really need somewhere to hide."

"Who all knows you're here?"

"No one. Your parents told me where to find you actually."

"Tiffany, I swear to God if anything happens to my family or my relationship, you will not only be gone from California, but from the world. Got it?"

"I swear you can trust me."

"I'm not trusting you, I'm just helping you out. Nothing more." I open the door, and grab her bag. I open it, checking for anything harmful, just some clothes.

"Mommy!" Maddy runs towards me, but stops when he sees Tiffany. "Why is she here?" she raises an eyebrow.

"You are your Mom's baby." Tiffany laughs.

"Watch it." I warn her. "Maddy, Nolan, Tiffany is going to stay with us for a little. Okay?"

"No. She should go home." Maddy pouts.

"I'm not gonna do anything bad. I promise." Tiffany sticks out her pinky. Maddy looks at it, then me. I nod.

"Okay. You promised. So if you lie, you will be in big trouble missy!" Maddy points.

"Yeah! Big twouble!" Nolan copies her.

"Deal." Tiffany laughs. I'm really hoping she doesn't make me regret this.

Cameron POV

"I don't know if I agree with this." I tell Aleyah later that night. "I understand you're trying to be righteous and whatnot, but this is not a good idea. I can feel something bad happening as we speak."

"Cameron, you should back me up on this, I just feel like her plea was genuine."

"There's nothing genuine about someone who has attempted to sabotage our relationship."

"Ugh, Cammy just think of this way, in a few days, that will be one less person we have to worry about. I just don't want to kick her while she's down ya know?"

"Well, she's never done anything for you."

"So what, it's better to give than to receive right?" she shrugs. I sigh and grab her hands.

"Baby, I get that you're trying to let your guard down, and stuff but this is too risky. She needs to go."

"What if it were me?"

"Well." I pause thinking hard. I mean she has a point but Tiffany cannot be trusted at all. "Fine. But if anything happens, it's your fault." I walk away. I can just feel the evil brewing right now. I just know that she's up to no good. And the last thing I need right now is for things to get bad with Aleyah and I.

As I stand in the shower letting the water just run over me I hear a shriek. Not even stopping to turn the water off, I grab my towel and rush down the hall. Only to see Maddy being tickled by Aleyah, Nolan, and surprisingly Tiffany. I sigh in relief.

"Cameron! Go put some clothes on." Aleyah says.

"I just thought-"

"There are girls in here Daddy gross!" Maddy adds a little out of breath. I laugh a little and head down the hall. Maybe I don't have anything to worry about after all.

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO How does everyone feel about Tiffany staying with the Phillips for a few days? I'm deciding on something bad happening or not though lol

What should I do?

COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT ! <3