Shoulda Gone Inside

(Pony Form)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

One morning in Ponyville, a particular pink partying pony checked her mail. She opened a letter with a rock seal on it. As she read it, her smile grew bigger.

Pinkie ran to her sister's cave, squealing all the way.

"Maud!" she said bursting in. "Maud Maud Maud Maud Maud Maud! Guess what? Guess what? Mom and Dad and Limestone and Marble are coming to Ponyville!" she squealed.

"I know Pinkie," Maud said. "I got the same letter."

"You did?" Maud nodded. "Oh, silly me then! I'm just sooo excited! But everyone can't stay at Sugar Cube Corner with me."

"Well, I guess Mom and Dad and Limestone or Marble could stay here," Maud said looking around. "It's only two weeks and I've lived with them longer than you have."

"So... is Limestone or Marble staying here?" Pinkie asked.

"Pinkie, maybe we should let them decide when the get here," Maud said.

"Okie Dokie Lokie!" Pinkie said. She hopped off.

A week later, the girls were at the train station to pick up their parents and sisters. Pinkie looked about ready to explode. She hugged everyone and screamed in their ears.

"Pinkamena Diane Pie! That was my ear!" her mother scolded. But she returned the hug (halfheartedly but still)

"I'm just glad I don't have to worry about Houlder's Boulder," Limestone said.

"So Marble and Limestone. Who wants to stay with me in my place at Sugarcube Corner and who wants to stay with Maud in her cave?" Pinkie asked.

"I'll stay with Maud," Limestone said. "I need to move rocks and there's probably some in a cave."

"Marble, you're with me!!" Pinkie squealed. "I can't wait to introduce you all to everypony!"

"Pinkie why don't we let them get settled in first?" Maud said.

"Okie dokie Lokie!" Pinkie said. "Marble come with me!" She bounced off.

A little while later, Maud came to Sugarcube Corner.

"Marble are you ready?" She said. Marble nodded.

"Mm hm."

"Wait, where are you going?" Pinkie asked.

"I'm showing Marble around," Maud said simply. Then she and Marble walked out the door.

"Oh, okay then. Have fun." Pinkie slumped to the floor. "Without me." The door opened a second later and Rainbow Dash flew in.

"Hey Pinkie," Rainbow said. "You okay?"

"Yeah. I just wish Maud would have told me she was taking my family out on a tour today," Pinkie said. Rainbow knew she had to do something to get Pinkie's mind off it.

"So I was wondering, do you want to have a picnic today? Or go pull a prank on Twilight?" She asked. Those were things they'd always done together and enjoyed.

Everypony had always seen them pulling pranks and having picnics and assumed that they were besties. However, there was more to it. You see, what no pony knew was that they were doing all of this, not as friends, but as girlfriends. They'd been dating in secret for the last 4 years. Rainbow knew that a picnic or a prank was the perfect way to cheer up her girlfriend.