Chapter 5

From the view in the lift, the room looks really similar to the Vocaloid Communion Room. I can see a couple of figures. Not as many as in the Vocaloid Communion Room. I go to step out, only to find out something is blocking me.

"You're still Meiko," says Rachel, frowning. "You need to change to Sakine Meiko."

"How?"

"That's the thing, I don't know," she replies and I feel frustrated. How am I supposed to get inside?

A yellow-haired figure has approached the lift and steps inside.

"Hey, I'm Natalie. Let's get you in," she says.

"I don't know how to change into Sakine Meiko!" I express and she gently straightens my arm and looks at my wrist control.

"Here!" she exclaims and I look where she is pointing. She is pointing at a button that is labelled 'change form'. "Most of the -loid Actors don't have this button on their wrist controls. Since you play two -loids you have this button."

I pressed it and it came up with two options. It says Meiko with a picture of Meiko below and the other says Sakine Meiko and it has a picture of a figure who looks very similar to Meiko. She has lighter hair, and the same clothes just in orange.

I press it and blink as an orange flash seems to emanate from my body. I look down and see I have taken the form of Sakine Meiko. I feel a slight pressure on the sides of my head and realise I am now wearing headphones as well.

"You will need to see the Fanloid Masters, Mia," Natalie says. She seems to appear a little more familiar and not because I have seen the Fanloid she plays. She seems to resemble someone I recognise from real life.

"Wait a minute, is your full name Natalie Price?" I ask, and she looks at me in shock.

"How do you kn -" and cuts off looking at me in shock and recognition. "Wait a minute, you aren't the same Mia?!"

"I am, sister of Wayne Bowes, who is married to Debbie Bowes, who is your mother," I explain. "I didn't recognise you at first because one I barely see you, and two because you used to dye your hair all colours of the rainbow."

"Wait, you two are related?!" Rachel chimes in.

"Only through my brother's marriage," I explain.

"Anyway, you need to see the Fanloid Masters," Natalie repeats and starts to partially drag me into the room.

"She won't need to, she seen the Vocaloid Masters, they would have notified the Fanloid Masters," Rachel explains.

"See you back in the Vocaloid Communion Room," I say, noticing how I am almost fully in the room. "Don't worry, I know Natalie, she'll guide me here."

Rachel presses something and the lift starts to ascend.

"Okay, Natalie you can stop dragging me," I say.

I take a closer look once she lets go of me. She has long yellow hair tied into a side ponytail and has the same outfit as Miku, except the blue has been replaced with yellow.

"Okay, Mia, this is Harriet, who plays Haku, fanloid of Miku as well," she says, pointing to the only other figure in the room. She has long gray hair tied back into a ponytail tied with a black and purple bow. She has a grey crop top with a purple tie. She is wearing long black trousers with a purple belt and white shoes, whether they are boots or not, I can't tell.

"And there are many other fanloid actors but they never turned up. We'll introduce you when they appear. Now, tell us why you disappeared for so long," she says in one breath, and then flops down onto a couch.

I sit down next to Natalie and offer the remaining space to Harriet, but she shakes her head. "I prefer to stand," she says, leaning against the wall.

"Well, when I was 5-6 years old when I had my band last, so nine years ago," I begin, and see both of them looking at me intently. "According to my mum, my band disappeared when I was six years old. I put it into my bedside table and forgot about it. So a couple of weeks ago, I moved house and when putting furniture in my new room, my bedside table ended up beside my bed. The Vocaloid Masters told me they then started sending signals from my band causing me to dream about the Vocaloid Actors in hopes I would remember. I did, but not enough. I then cleared out my bedside table, the very first thing I pulled out was my band. Rachel came into my room at that very moment and noticed. She then explained to me what the -loid Actors were."

"Interesting," Natalie says, "No wonder, I didn't recognise you earlier. I never saw you with your band, so I would have never guessed you were a Vocaloid Actor."

"Right, I have some questions. I heard you saying -loid Actors a lot. Are there multiple loids or something?" I ask.

"There are 4 types of loids. Vocaloids, Fanloids, Utauloids and CeVIOloids. Each type has their own Actors and Communion Rooms and share many of the same abilities, like Mind-Messaging and the ability to actually come to their Communion Rooms," Harriet explains, finally smiling. She seemed rather moody before.

"Right, on the topic of Mind-Messaging, how do you do it?" I ask,  finally voicing the question that been on my mind ever since Rachel surprised me with a Mind-Message.

"In the Communion Rooms, each Actor has their own personal computer. You don't have one here, because you have one in the Vocaloid Communion Room. Anyway, when you are in the Vocaloid Communion Room, you can send Mind-Messages just like you would send a Facebook Message back home," Natalie summarises.

"It is different when we are home though. It is a little harder. First, you need to think of who you want to send the message to, compose the message in your head, and then send," Harriet finishes, "We find it easier to do with our eyes closed."

'That explains what Rachel was doing when she Mind-Messaged me,' I thought to myself. 

"Do you have any more questions?" asked Natalie.

"No," I reply.

"Then you might as well go back to the Vocaloid Communion Room, you know what to do, right?" Harriet replies.

"Yeah," I ask. 'Not fully, but I can figure it out.' I added in my mind.

I go the lift and press the button marked 'V' and ascend. I cling to the bars the whole journey, eyes and mouth closed tight. I will never get used to this.

I gasp in relief as it shudders to a halt. I open my eyes, and proceed to change to Meiko. I step through the shield.

"You're back," Kevin says, and I look at him. To my surprise, I see a slight blush raise to his cheeks. Well, he does look nice, I guess. To his left, Maryann seems to suppressing giggles while Lucy is smirking. What is the big deal?

"I want to go home," I say, and Kevin seems to move with super-speed to end up at my side first.

He touches my arm to look at my wrist control and it sends shivers down my spine. His hands are nice and soft. He points to a button with home written under it. "Press this," he says, and I do so, but I feel strangely disappointed to be away from him. Argh, what is going on?!

I descend into dreams.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A/N you may have noticed some text is in italics. I will use italics for thoughts and Mind-Messages to make it a bit clearer from actual speech.