Chapter 16 - Double Trouble

A/N After this chapter only three uploads remain! x

Chapter 16 – Double Trouble

Nothing good ever happens after 2AM.

It was something I was beginning to learn, yet I couldn’t help but think every single outing was going to be the exception. Only thing that happens after that hour mark is trouble and should most of the time be avoided.

I had once again had this epiphany, this time lying under a hoard of towels in an attempt to shield myself from the sun. Last night might have been brutal but my morning was way worse.

Luckily I was not alone. It might’ve seemed evil, but I took comfort in the fact that I was not suffering alone in this heat. Some hadn’t even ventured out of their hotel rooms yet, which said a lot of what kind of shape they were in.

Today the sun was evil, the food was evil, the air was evil; everything was evil. I just wanted this hangover to be over and gone already. In an attempt at recovery I had hoarded several bottles of water and a plate with some toast, as well as buried myself on the sunbed underneath several towels that covered me from head to toe while I lay on my stomach.

Judging by the groans coming from around me, some might even have it worse which made me feel a tad bit better.

I’d propped the end of the towel covering my face up with a plastic fork just to let some air in, other than that I was subdued in darkness.

There had been paint canons present last night and I’d very quickly learned the lesson of not opening my mouth too wide or laugh too long as it ended in me swallowing paint. I was sure I still had splotches of pink and green and other various colours both on my body and inside my mouth. A shower could apparently only do so much when you didn’t put your heart into it.

“I’m dying,” I groaned and sat up slightly to scull some more water. My sunglasses shielded me from most of the light but it still felt way too bright.

“Me too,” Trix whimpered from the bed next to me. She had her arms slung across her face and she was curled up in a fetal position.

“And to think there’s another round tonight.”

“We won’t make it out alive,” came the response from the lump that was Trix for the time being.

I eyed the pool thinking maybe cooling off might help but just the thought of moving made me nauseous so I instead stayed put. Chace and Austin walked towards us then, carrying a tray of drinks and I expected them to continue towards somewhere else, but no, instead they both sat down at the edge of our beds.

Chace gave me a grin, “You have definitely seen better days.”

“You’re kidding yourself if you think I’ll drink any of those,” I replied, gesturing to his selection of drinks.

His smile never faltered. “You have to get back up on the horse if you want to last the entire race, Smurf.”

“Meaning?”

Austin piped in then and I noticed he was absentmindedly stroking Trix’s leg. “Meaning that you need to get drunk in order to kill the hangover, let yourself crash when the weekend’s over.”

“Easy for you two to say!” I accused, seeming as Trix was not joining in on this conversation I had to fight this battle alone. “You aren’t even hungover.”

The boys toasted each other with the bottles of beers they’d cracked open. “That, little Smurf, is because we never stopped drinking.”

That got Trix’s attention and her head emerged a little as she propped herself up. “You two are drunk?”