Prologue

*Edited Chapter, not revised*

Got free time? Check out my new story, The Alpha's Heir! 

Enjoy :) *****************************************************************************************************

I looked at myself in my body length mirror. Looking at myself now I wanted to throw up. My body was ugly especially in this dress I was wearing. It was a strapless blue dress with purple flowers on it. Don't get me wrong, the dress is beautiful. Just not on me. I was a "Big Girl" my mom would say. Healthy. There was nothing healthy about me! The truth was I was fat.

My cousin, Chris, would say horrible things to me like; "You have more rolls than a Thanksgiving dinner" and "You have more chins than a Chinese phone book" Yeah, like that one was new! Usually, on regular days, I wouldn't wear anything like this, but today's a special day. It's my sixteenth birthday. The day all girls and guys were waiting for. Why? What's so essential about turning sixteen? Well, there's a lot of reasons actually, but in my case, it's the day I finally get to shift into my wolf. Not only that, I can finally look for my mate! But what man would want me? I'm fat. No one could bear the sight of me, my family barely could. The only person that cared about me in some way was my BFFL, Je'anna.

Je'Anna has been my best friend since the first grade, and she's stuck by my side since. She's the only one that gives me the courage to even get out of the house. I love her, she's incredible. She was also the crazy little bitch that got me this dress! I'm going to slap her so hard when I see her, she going to wish she never met me. She even made sure that we had the same dress on today. How do I know that? We share the same birthday. So I know she got us matching dresses.

I looked back at the mirror. Hating myself, my hair was cut super short, almost like a boys haircut. It only made my appearance look worst, my fat round face not doing any justice. I let a tear fall, biting my lip to give it some color.

"Cassandra Cheyenne Jefferson! Get your ass down here before your late for school!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

"OK! I'm coming!" I yelled back. I grabbed my purple heels and put them on, grabbing my bag and keys. I rushed out of the room, going downstairs I went into the kitchen first. I grabbed my favorite cereal. Captain Crunch. Yummy!

"Don't you think you should skip breakfast?" My brother said. My brother, Oscar, was the future Beta of the pack. Giving that my dad is the current one and he's best friends with the Alpha's son, Dylan, who will be the future Alpha soon. Oscar and I looked nothing alike, and that was something he was proud of. His hair was blond, and mines were black, we had the same eyes though, light blue. Though, my brother had a thing to always make fun of my weight, just like my cousin. They made it a "thing" too. Whoever said the coolest fat joke about me gets to hang with them. At the moment, Chris was the champion and proud of it.

I looked at the clock, it was 7:55. School starts at 8:10, I honestly didn't care that I would be late. It's not like I wanted to be there anyway. "Don't you think it's time to get a pair?" I snapped.

He glared. "How about you shut up, Fat ass!"

"How about you make me, dick-face!"

"You know what, I'm not going to argue with you. I have school to get to," Oscar grabbed his car keys off the table, walking towards the back door where his car was. "Try not to eat the whole kitchen, other people get hungry too!" He said as he left.

"Yeah, you still ain't got the balls to say it to my face either," I mumbled. I heard him growl, shaking my head, I made me a bowl of cereal and sat down at the table. When I was halfway done my mom stormed in the kitchen, grabbing my bowl and threw it in the sink.