Payback Hurts- Chapter 16: Worth Fighting For (Victor's POV)

This chappie is private! I hope you enjoy it! This chapter will NOT reveal anything about who had... *stops crying* Just read!! And check out The Alpha's Heir if you can! Thanks!

.

.

.

*****************************************************************************

I woke up with the worst headache. It hurt, and I had no idea where it came from. I looked around the room and found Je'anna laying at the bottom of the bed with Alvin. I growled causing them both to wake up.

"What's wrong, Victor?" Je'Anna asked. I didn't like her laying with Alvin. I mean, I know that she is his mate as well, but it just didn't make me feel right that she was with him and not me. I frowned at them. Alvin growled lowly as well.

"Alpha, she got me from downstairs and asked if I came and slept in the bed. I could not refuse her, but if you'd prefer that I didn't sleep in the same bed as you I'm fine with that."

Je'Anna looked back at him, her face turning red with anger. "I asked you to come and sleep with me because I wanted you too, not so that you can just walk away and never and do it again."

"It's not fair to me. He is a very trusted friend of mine, but I want to know that I will not hesitate to check him if he continues to invade my mate's space when she is with me." I said, seriousness in my voice.

"That's not fair, Victor, I'm his mate too. You can't be that selfish." She said. I got up and picked her up with me as well, "Let me down, Victor."

"Nope."

"Ugh... I have to go to the bathroom!" I frowned.

"What?"

"Yep, bathroom break!" She jumped out of my arms and ran to the bathroom. I was slamming the door. I sighed, glancing at Alvin, who was still sitting on the bed looking back at the bathroom door. Suddenly, I began to think about something else... Cassie.

How was she? Matter of fact, where was she? Cassie was sharing the same room... Maybe she went to a different place to sleep in during the night. I walked out if the room and checked the other bedrooms, all empty. I dreaded the thought as it came; maybe she was with Dylan. Seriously, do I blame her? His her mate... and I had mine. It would only make sense that she was with her mate. But with all of the pain he caused her, I doubt that she'd be there. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 7. We had a little bit of time; I decided to get ready myself. I grabbed some clothes and headed out of the room to take a shower.

'Make sure you are ready on time; we have a meeting today.' I sent to both Alvin and Je.

.

.

.

After getting ready I saw that we only had 10 minutes before the meeting started, and I couldn't help but also notice that Cassie hadn't come back... Did she need something to wear? Of course, she did. I didn't mind taking her some clothes, so I merely went into the room and grabbed something to wear.

"Are those Cassie's clothes?"

I looked back at Je'anna from the dresser. "Yeah"

"I thought that it was your room?" Should I tell her that it was both mine and Cassie's room? Would she understand better? No, it most likely wouldn't.

"It is."

"Then why is Cassie's stuff in here?" Oh my gosh... Think, think, think...

Silences in the room, I looked at her, and she looked at me. I came up with the best lie I could think of, "This is her back up, I don't like going in her room. And if it ever came to her needing extra clothes for some reason... She could come and get them from me. I'm obsessed with clothes, and if you haven't noticed how Cassie dresses without me, you'd be grateful for me too." I ended with a smile. She laughed, and I immediately relaxed.