Chapter Six

Jessie's POV

An hour and one ambulance later, all the guests had left and Eleanor was on her way to the hospital with a broken nose and four missing teeth. We only found two of them.

Good.

Only Jade, Anna, me, and the One Direction boys remained in the ballroom.

Zayn had confirmed what Eleanor said, and we were all still crying.

"Why didn't you tell us earlier?" Liam asked.

"Because," Zayn answered "Jade and Louis were getting married and I didn't want to ruin that."

"Look at how well that worked out," Jade joked weakly.

"I'm sorry your wedding was ruined," I said, talking for the first time in an hour.

Jade shook her head "Don't worry about it. I'm sorry for...everything that Eleanor said."

Everyone looked at me with sympathy. "Don't look at me like that. Zayn, how are you?"

Zayn shook his head. "I'm fine. It's you we're all worried about."

"Bull. We're all more worried about you, Zayn."

"Actually, we're pretty concerned about you, Jess." Niall piped up.

"How do I know you aren't lying to me again?" I snapped.

"Jessie..." Niall said.

"Save it. It doesn't fucking matter. I didn't realize how little I meant to you where you actually have to lie to me about something so damn simple."

I grabbed my purse and started to walk away.

"Jessie!" they called after me.

"What." I turned around.

"Where are you going?" Niall asked.

I looked him straight in the eye and said, "To get myself tested, who knows what diseases that skank has. All of you, except for Niall, can text me later. Zayn feel better. Jade and Louis, I'm sorry about the wedding. Niall, leave me alone."

And with that, I left.

Harry's POV

The room was silent after Jessie left, slamming the door behind her.

"Who knew such a small girl could have so much fight in her," I muttered.

Jade started to go after her, but Louis grabbed her. "No. She looked pretty pissed. Let her go and blow off some steam. She'll be back," he said, but he looked doubtful.

"No Louis, you don't know her. She'll want to come back , but she's too stubborn. And she looked really upset," Jade argued.

"Guys," I cut in "I'll go. She won't do anything to me."

I didn't give them a chance to argue before I ran out of the room and after Jessie.

I found her in the girl's bathroom wiping tears and mascara off her cheeks.

"What the hell Harry! What are you doing here?" She demanded when she saw me.

"Everyone else wanted to come after you, but I decided if it was best if I came." I explained.

"No, dumbass. I mean this is the girl's restroom."

A woman walked out of the stall behind us and shrieked, dropping her purse.

"Don't worry," I assured her "I'm gay."

I turned back to Jessie as the very shocked woman washed her hands and hustled out of the bathroom.

"Why is it so hard, Harry?" Jessie whispered.

"Oh Jess," I said, pulling her into a tight hug. She wrapped her arms around me neck and buried her head in my shoulder as fresh tears ran down her face.

"I love him. I really, really do. And I thought he loved me, why would he lie to me? About something so increadably stupid, too?" She choked out. I was surprised at the amount of emotion in her voice, she wasn't usually this emotional.

Jessie was always the one we could count on for a sarcastic response, the girl we could come to if we needed a shoulder to cry on. She could cheer anyone up. Jessie was the person we had all come to with our problems and she somehow always made it better.

That's when I realized: we all took her for granted. She had been strong for all of us. And she had been strong for too long.

"I know Jessie," I murmerd in her ear.

She pulled away and wiped away her tears. "I'm being stupid. I shouldn't be crying."

I grabbed her right wrist and flipped it over, revealing old and new scars. Some of them looked really fresh, as if they had been made within the past couple of days. "Jessie, if you don't cry, you'll cut. And I would rather you cry, to be honest."

She yanked her arm away. "That's none of your business."

"Yes it is, Jessie. It is my business. It's Jade's, it's Louis', Liam's, Zayn's and most of all, it's Niall's. Because we all Iove you. And we can't stand seeing you so hurt like this. And we can't stand that you kept all this from us. We could have helped you. We could have hunted that son of a bitch down and killed him. For you. We love you Jessie."

"Why though. I don't get it," she said, her voice weak and shaking. "Why do you guys love me? You are all family. You've known eachother forever, and I'm just here."

"Because you're awesome." I said simply.

Jessie snorted "Yeah, sure."

I laughed. "Why are you laughing?" she asked, getting on the defensive.

"Because you're so blind. Dont you see? Without you, we'd all be lost. You're like our map and our rock at the same time, the foundation to all of our lives and well being rests with you! I know I havent known you as long as the other lads, but within days of me knowing you you were like a sister to me. You're the funniest, sweetest, most sarcastic, surprising, unpredictable, stubborn person I know. NO other person would stand up to Eleanor like that knowing what she was capable of, and the fact that youre a head shorter than her makes it all the more impressive. No other person would put their friends so much ahead of herself that she buries the pain so deep it starts to eat her alive. NO one I know is so weak and so strong at the same time. Do you think that anyone else would get into an argument with a six foot tall DJ for a freaking microphone. No. That's why I love you. That's why Niall loves you. That's why we all love you. And we always will."

Jessie tackled me in a hug. "Thank you so much Hazza."

I laughed and stroked her blonde curls "Anytime Jess."