Chapter Fifteen

I sigh dramatically and plop fown on the sofa next to the other three boys. "Is he OK?" Lou asks, not tearing his eyes away from the TV show they're all watching. Smallville it looks like. I shrug as Niall puts his arm around me.

"Not my place to say. If you want to know, ask when he comes down here," I reply.

"I'll go check on him." Harry says, starting to get up.

"Don't," I put my hand on his arm and pull him back down. "Let him be right now. He needs to be alone"

"Yeah, true."

As I'm about to reply with "I know, that's why I said it," my phone chirps from the confines of my jeans. I sigh and fish it out of my pocket, which is a very complicated task because these things take "Skinny Jeans" to a whole new level. Finally, after a few chuckles from Niall, I manage to get he phone out of my pocket. I check the screen, and it says I have a new text message from an unknown number.

Uhm... OK?

I slide to unlock and click on messages, and sure enough the text is from a number I don't recognise. "Do any of you know this number?" I ask the boys, holding the phone out in front of me so they could lean in to see.

"No," Niall says.

"Me either," Harry concurs.

Louis stays silent, and I look over at him to see if he's actually bothering to look at my phone. He is, and his eyebrows are furrowed in confusion. "I feel like I should know the number..." he says, biting his lower lip in thought. "It looks really, really familiar."

I shrug, bringing the phone closer to me. "You probably know someone with the same first digets or whatever. No biggie." I click on the message, and a picture pops up that almost makes me gasp in surprise. It's a picture of Jade, all dressed up and sitting on a couch in what looks to be an upscale club.

And she's not alone.

There's a guy with her, leaning in to whisper something in her ear, and she's laughing and gazing up at him with this look that I've only seen her give to Louis and the Chad Michael Murray poster she has on her tour bus. It's that I am totally and one-hundred percent in love with you look.

"What in the hell," I whisper, zooming in on the picture to see if I can recognise the guy she's with, but I don't think he looks familiar.

"What is it?" Niall asks, looking over at me. I shake my head and get up from the couch.

"It's nothing," I reply, walking into the kitchen. "I just read the message wrong."

I don't know who this is from, but I intend to find out. I hit the call button and wait as the phone rings.

"Hello, Jess. Funny you should call."

Well Lord love a duck. "Eleanor?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pull open the door to the swanky restaraunt Eleanor told me to meet her at that was twenty minutes away from the flat. Classical music plays as fancily-dressed diners clink their wine glasses together and laugh at something one of their snooty rich friends probably said. Oh haha, remember the time Nigel said he was going to vacation in the Hamptons, even though everyone who's anyone has a private island. He must be going poor or something.

Or whatever.

This place smells like rich people with too much money and too much time on their perfectly manicured hands.