Chapter two

Jessie’s POV

Friday nights are always the same in this town

I’m looking up, but I’m feelings kind of down.

So I’ll light this cigarette and smoke the night away

And I’ll hope that Saturday will be the day

When everything feels okay

Ba da da da Ba da da da da

Ba da da da da da da da da

I strummed the last few chords of NeverShoutNever!’s “Coffee and Cigarettes”. The crowd cheered and screamed my name. I was living my dream.

“Thank you guys!” I said into the mic. “well that’s the end of the show. You’ve been a wonderful crowd and I hope you all get home safely.”

The crowd screamed even more. “NIALL!”

“I’m sorry, guys. Niall isn’t on tour with me. I wish he was though.”

“NIALL!” They screamed even louder.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. “Miss me?” Niall’s voice whispered into my ear.

I dropped my guitar, not caring that I could possibly be damaging it, and turned around, throwing my arms around his neck and kissing Niall full on the lips.

“AWWWWWW” the crowd cooed.

I faced the crowd again, Niall’s hand firmly in mine, and said into the mic “Thank you guys! I love you!”

I picked up the guitar and we walked off the stage, passing Louis and Jade who were making out in the hallway on the way to our dressing room.

I let go of Niall’s hand and ran up to the couple, hopping onto Louis’ back.

“COCK BLOCK!” I yelled. They pulled away and Jade laughed as Louis ran up and down the hallway with me on his back. I was small enough that even though I was on his back, he could run full speed still.

“FOR CARROTS!” he yelled.

“CARROTS!” I joined in.

Jade and Niall were laughing as Louis ran back over to them. I slid off his back.

“Your girl friend,” Louis said, bowing.

I grabbed Niall’s hand as Jade and Louis went back to their previous position.

I brought Niall to my dressing room, and glanced at the clock.

“It’s only 9:30, want to go somewhere and grab a late dinner?” Niall asked.

“Sure, where-“

“NANDOS!” Niall screamed, pulling me out of the dressing room, out of the building, and into the lot where my tour bus and One Direction’s tour bus were parked.

“Niall, Niall slow down!” I laughed. He slowed down and we strolled along the pavement, chatting about just stuff.

“Hey, Jessie I have to tell you something,” he said when we were in front of Nandos.

“What is it?” I asked. He had come to a stop by the front door, and I stopped with him.

He came close so his face was close to mine. “I love you,” he murmered.

“I love you too,” I whispered.

He kissed me on the lips once, twice, a third time. “I’ll go in and order for us. Be back in a sec.” he said, then walked inside.