E L E V E N

Jennie's POV

"Unnie, where are you?" Chaeng asked on the other line.

I let out a sigh. "I'm still here" I answered as I look up to the speaker infront. I am currently in the event my parents forced me to attend with them.

"Okay, but don't forget about our surprise tonight, alright? You have to be here. You can't miss this" She reminded me for the nth time. I know when Chaeng is stressing out and right now is one of them. What surprise she is talking about? We kinda plan to throw a surprise birthday party for Lisa tonight. And for it to be successful, we asked Jisoo unnie to distract Lisa first so the group can decorate and prepare everything for the surprise party.

Yes, finally Chaeng's dream came true! She is now friends not only with Lisa but also the whole team. My other friends too. Our group grew bigger because of our new found friendship. We would have lunch together and even hang out if they don't have practice.

"I got it, Chaeng. I promise to be there" I reassured her. Ofcourse, I cannot miss it. It is my first time to celebrate Lisa's birthday so I have to be there. No matter what.

"I'll call you later. Say hi to the group for me" After saying our goodbyes, I hung up and let out a deep breathe as I tried to focus on the speaker to whatever he is trying to say.

I really want to leave this place but I can't because I made a promise to my mom. Tonight, my dad will receive an award as one of the outstanding businessman of the country. Mom thought it is a good idea to show up as a family to show our support to him.

"Honey, are you alright? You seem a little anxious" My mom asked. She probably noticed that I can't keep still on my seat.

I looked up to face her with a pout. "Mom, can I go now?" I asked sweetly. I don't want to make it seem like I am acting like a spoiled brat.

"Just a little longer please, honey?" She asked. I can't say no to that tone of my mom.

I just nodded defeatedly.

She then squinted her eyes on me as a her lips curved into a smirk.

"What?"

"May I know why my daughter is so eager to get out of here?" She finally asked. "Got a date?"

I rolled my eyes at her statement. Why do they always assume that I am dating? Suddenly, I felt the need to explain myself. "Its Lisa's birthday today, mom. We kinda made some plans for later"

"Ohh, a date with Lisa" She concluded, even nodding her head.

"Mom!" I whined and she chuckled. She really loves to tease me. "Its not a date! Its a group celebration. We plan to surprise her later"

"Relax, honey. I was just messing with you" She chuckled as she lean closer to me to lightly pinch my nose. "So, its a group date?"

"Mom, stop it!" I frustratedly close my eyes. But my mom just laughed. No wonder she gets along with Lisa pretty well. They both love to tease and annoy the hell out of me. Imagine the teasing I have to endure when they join force.

Speaking of them, Lisa really mean it when she said that she wants to gain the trust of my mom. And she succeeded with flying colors. Now, all my mom talks about is Lisa. Lisa this and Lisa that! I'd like to believe that Lisa is my mom's new favorite. Sometimes, even though I didn't invite Lisa over, I will find her in our house because my mom did. She always cooks her favorite foods and even let Lisa be the first to taste her specialties. Gosh, I think she already forgot that I am her daughter.

But I am really happy so witness their interactions. Actually Lisa didn't have to put so much effort to win my mom because she's a natural charmer. She's not Cupid for nothing.