E I G H T

"Unnie, wanna go visit some booths later?" Chaeng asked wanting to distract me from my little bubble. "I still have time before my shift on our booth"

I just nodded. Although I didn't really understood what Chaeng said and continued scrolling at my phone.

Today marks the start of the 2-day school festival of YGU. Everyone is in festive mood. From the blasting music to the colorful decorations of the surrounding and of each booths, everyone is having a good time!

"Jennie!" Irene unnie called me out, slightly raising her voice to get my attention. I know she's not in her best mood for the past week and today is not an exception. This is never a good sign. "Spill"

"N-Nothing" I tried dismissing the subject. But my friends just wouldn't let it go.

"Oh, come on, unnie! I know you well enough to know that you're plotting something bad right now" Chaeyoung said in a matter of fact tone. "Is this still about the booth?"

I laughed all of a sudden which startled them. They really thought that I am bothered over a freaking booth? Never. "The hell I care on their booth! They can do whatever they want. She can kiss whoever she wants. I don't care!"

This time it was Chaeng's turn to chuckled. "What I meant was your club booth, unnie. Jokwon oppa wanted you to man your stall, right? Remember, the cupcakes?" She explained as I heard my other friends' laugh as well. That left me speechless. What am I even thinking? My club was assigned to sell desserts and since one of our clubmates is sick. We needed a replacement.

"I'll take the shift tomorrow" I answered without looking at them.

"Oh, Jennie! You already made my day" Wendy unnie said while wiping her tears for laughing so hard.

Nayeon unnie then moved closer to me. "So, wanna talk about their booth?" Here we go.

I rolled my eyes at her. "I don't care"

My friends shared a teasing look among each other. Not really believing the words that came out of my mouth.

"Okay fine, you don't care at all. We get it" Nayeon said, sarcasm is all over her tone. She even shared a hi-5 five with Chaeng. For the second time in 2 minutes, I rolled my eyes at their childdishness. "Just to let you know that there's already a freaking long line for their ticket"

Since I am not in the mood to stroll alone the school field, I decided to tagged along with Chaeng who is diligently during her shift in their Dedication booth.

"To Lee Sung-Kyung, I love you so much chubs!!! NamLee forever! From: Joo Hyuk"

"So, what's plan?" Chaeng asked as she put down her mic and played the requested song From Now On by Kim Min Seung.

"Huh?"

She sat infront of me. "Are you just gonna let those random people kiss your Carrot?" She said straight to the point.

I am starting to be annoyed that they think I am affected when I'm not. "Drop it Chaeng!"

"Sure, I will" Chaeng smiled. "If you will also stop segregating those dedications for Lisa" I looked up to see Chaeng's smirk. Then I realized what I was doing. I was basically reading all those dedications and setting aside those for Lisa. On my count, there's 14 already and I haven't finished everything.

I looked away. I don't know what to say.

"Not to be that friend but why are you so affected with their booth?" I was stunned with her question. Truth is, I don't even know why I am feeling this way.