O N E

The sound of the alarm echoed in Jennie's room. She groaned as she reached for her phone on her side table. With her eyes still closed, she managed to press the snooze button then hastily pulled her blanket over her head.

5 more minutes. She thought to herself.

She was about to doze off again when it rang again! She cursed under her breath. Although still abit fuzzy, she turned off the alarm and tossed her phone to the other side of the bed. She literally dragged herself to shower.

After doing all her morning rituals, she went down to find an empty dining hall. Then she saw a post it stuck on the door of the fridge. Her parents are out of the country for a vacation. She sighed as she grabbed her keys and went out.

Jennie likes going to school early to avoid the bulk of students entering the university minutes before the time. She's not really comfortable with the crowd so she makes sure to be early everyday. She is a girl who manage her time pretty well. She doesnt like wasting her time on nonsense matter. That's why people call her uptight and boring. But she doesn't care.

There were only a few cars parked in the parking lot when she arrived which is a good thing for her as she isn't very good at parking her car. She actually hates it. There was one time when she almost hit a luxury car while trying park in between two cars. It a nightmare for her.

After parking her car, she headed straight to her locker to get the things she needs for her morning classes.

Then she felt a pat on her shoulder and there she saw her bestfriend smiling at her.

"Good morning, unnie!" She greeted with her usual bright smile.

"Hi, Chaeng!" She greeted too.

"Have you had your breakfast?" The taller girl asked.

She shook her head.

"Thought so! I brought you breakfast. Here" she handed her a paperbag which has a sandwich in it.

Park Chaeyoung. Their families are friends that's why they have been friends since forever. Both vowed to never leave each other's side. Their personalities maybe a bit opposite but they complement each other. Chaeyoung being the friendly and easy-going type, a totally softie indeed and Jennie being the quiet and kinda snobbish one.

"I'm surprise you're early today" Jennie asked the other brunette as she munched on the sandwich. She knows too well that the girl is not a morning person and waking her up can be a handful.

"Morning job" She then pointed the camera swung on her neck. Chaeyoung is the Asst. Editor-in-chief of the school paper. "I was assigned to cover the Org day today. I have no choice but to wake up early. Sunmi unnie bombarded my phone with messages and calls just to make sure I am already awake"

That explains the booths setted up on the campus grounds and the festive music blasting from afar while she was walking on her way to her locker.

Jennie laughed at her bestfriend. "Thats what happen to sleepy heads!"

"So, have you decided to join the Swimming Team?" Chaeyoung asked while wiggling her eyebrows.

She shook her head.

"Oh, come on, unnie! That's your passion. You should join again! You need to be there" Chaeyoung's right. Swimming is her passion but she gave it up due to some circumstances.

"I don't know, Chaeng" She looks away.

Then she felt the other girl's hand on her right arm and gently rub it. "I understand" Chaeyoung smiled at her. "Once you're ready. No pressure"