F O U R

I woke up with the feeling of someone's caressing my cheeks. I slowly opened my eyes and saw my mom sitting on my bedside.

"Mom" I called her, still half asleep. I clunged to her waist to hug her. She then kissed my forehead. I smiled. I am just so happy right now that my mom is here with me again.

"When did you arrived?" I asked as I began to sit next to her and stretched out.

"Last night. You were already asleep that's why we didn't woke you up" She answered while fixing my bed hair.

I noticed that she was staring at me lovingly. I can't help but wonder. "Why? Is everything okay?"

She shook her head. "I just missed you, honey" I hugged her and replied "I missed you too"

She stood up and held my hands. "Get up now and get ready for school"

I nodded. "Meet us downstairs for breakfast, okay?" She looked at me, waiting for my answer.

"Okay" I simply answered.

After doing all of my morning rituals, I went down to see my mom on the kitchen cooking eggs and bacon and my dad sitting on the dining table. As usual, he is reading a newspaper while sipping his coffee.

"Oh, honey, come, sit now beside dad. I'll just transfer this to a bowl and we'll eat" Mom said when she saw me but instead of sitting beside dad like what she said, I pulled a chair on the other side of the table.

From my peripheral view, I saw how my mom gave my dad a reassuring smile.

Mom served our breakfast and we began to eat. I could feel him look at me but I didn't bother looking at him. I just continued munching on my food without even looking up. God! This is so suffocating. I don't have a good relationship with my dad and it is not a secret to the both of them.

"Jennie is getting good grades at school as always" Mom smiled at me and held my hand. We are sitting beside each other. "We are so proud of you, honey"

With everything that I am doing, I just want my parents to be proud of me. They are my inspiration.

"That's good to hear! Are you free later, baby? Let's have dinner to celebrate" My dad suggested. She sounds so happy with what my mom said.

But I didn't respond and just continued eating. However, I could feel they were waiting for my answer. "I have things to do"

"Are you celebrating with your boyfriend?" Dad teased, trying to hide the disappointment on his voice. "You should invite him here for us to meet him" He teased even more.

I tried my best not to roll my eyes on his banter as I don't wanna disrespect him. He's still my father after all.

I stared blankly at him. Hoping, he will get my message that I want to him to stop.

It feels like he got my message as I heard him sighed. This time, my mom held his hand.

"But no boyfriend first, okay baby?" That's it! I can't take it anymore. I stood up and grabbed my things and keys.

"I'm going" And slung my bag on my shoulders and dashed out of our house before they could even utter a word.

Once I am inside my car, I felt my tears flowing on my cheeks. Damn! It still hurts. I still can't do it.

**

I arrived at school. But before I went out of my car, I checked my face on the mirror to see if my eyes looked puffed. My friends and I usually wait for each other every morning before going to our respective classes. To be honest, I don't know how to face Chaeng. I don't want her to see me like this for I know she will asks questions. I am an open book to her. She knows me to well that one look and she'll know that something is wrong. I don't want her to worry.