Date #15: Cross Dates Part Two

AdChrom: Okay, this is more like a beginning author's note. For anyone who's confused as to what's happening, it's flashback time!

~~~LE FLASHBACK BEGIN~~~

AdChrom: This is our last dare before we can switch back!

-

Fem!Chrom: Wait, this was seconded?

AdChrom: *reads again* Appears so. @Jinx1213, @TalOnStoryTime, you're really out to get us, aren't you?

-

AdChrom: *crouching on ground from intensity of fangirling*

Fem!Chrom: That expression is weird on me.

-

AdChrom: Holy crap, I think Sully is the dominant one in this relationship.

~~~LE FLASHBACK END~~~

Fem!Chrom: Your flashbacks get more and more confusing every time...

AdChrom: Anyway, let's get to it! Chrom, you'd better treat my bae right!

_________

Stahl: We're here!

Fem!Chrom: Wow... So nice!

~~SCENERY DESCRIPTION THAT DOESN'T FIT IN WITH THE REST OF THIS STYLE OF WRITING~~ (looking back as I'm writing, I'm just gonna carry through with it. Oh, and I'll replace Fem!Chrom with... Uh... I think I'll do Admin, since when I go back and read this for delusions, I don't want it to seem like yaoi. Aaand I'll stop wasting time now. For now, that is...)

The grass, a sweet lemony-lime sort of color, dances on its tiny, impossibly strong stalks, only interuppted by small flowers in hues ranging from pastel blue to bright, vibrant yellow. Stahl sets the blanket down in the half-shade of a thick, soft-barked tree, its thickly leafed arms stretching up to the pale blue sky and out as if to link hands with fellows that aren't there. He pats the soft , mildly clichéd gingham cloth beside him, leaning against the tree.

"C'mere, Admin! Sit down, you deserve it!" Stahl calls from the half-shade. Admin nods abruptly, almost too quickly. Stahl quirks his eyebrow for a moment, then chuckles as Admin sits down, almost falling in her haste.

Stahl laughs lightly again. "Hey, Admin, you know we're married, right? You don't have to be so shy!" he says, gesturing gently at her flowered skirt and tightly-pressed legs.

(Admin's POV)

Right... They're marri--Wait, didn't she say that the wedding hadn't taken place yet?!? I'm going to have to have a talk with her... Either way, I have to keep up the act. I try to release the tension in my body, moving a little closer to Stahl and resting my oddly-small frame on the tree next to him as he unpacked food from the basket he had prepared.

"It isn't much, but... Enjoy!" Stahl's voice breaks through my reverie, and I look at the laid-our meal. Gourmet-looking sandwiches featuring thinly sliced meats, fresh, leafy lettuce, juicy red tomatoes, and soft bread are cut in perfect little triangles. Blocks of cheese lay on crimson cloth napkins. He takes out a pair of apples, handing one to me.

I gotta hand it to the foodie, he knows how to get to women's soft spots--especially since we're talking about Admin.

I smile and take the apple, buying into it with a satisfying crunch. Juice fills my mouth, making my taste buds tingle. Stahl does likewise, lounging on one arm and holding the apple with the other.

"Mmm... Good..." I say with out realizing. Crap! Don't do that! Supposed to convince him!

"Ah, Admin. Knew you'd like them! I bought them from a little cart in the town near here." Right. Admin says things without thinking...

"Hey, Stahl... Isn't that an uncomfortable position with your armor on?" I ask, noticing that there were multiple places where the metal casing dug into him.

"Huh? Oh, yeah... Silly me! I just got... Oh, that'll sound stupid..." he replies, taking off the armor and revealing a lean frame hugged by a black long sleeve. Hugged... Right, that's my cue, isn't it? I learn over just as he turns back from placing the chestpiece on the other side of the tree, throwing my arms around him.

"See? That's better." I can feel him smile and blush as he moves to put his arm around me.

This is so weird.

"So, what've you been up to? I don't get to see you often anymore, even in camp," the messy-haired man asks.

"Hmm... Nothing much. We've been getting a lot of dares in, so Ad--Chrom and I've been really busy with that sort of thing." It's still the truth. Just not enough of the truth to ruin their relationship.

"Haha, right. Owain's doing better now, right? Last I checked, he was in the healer's tent with a fever from talking normal," he says, smiling joyously.

"Pahaha," it's a good thing I've spent enough time around Admin to pick up her go-to laugh, "he's fine. The fever broke, so soon enough we'll be woken up by 'RADIANT... DAAAAWWWNN!' again."

"Maybe too soon... I like Owain, but I wish he would sleep more sometimes..."

"Oh, you and your sleep!" ... Have I spent to much time with Admin that I know what she would say and do in these things instinctively? I wonder as I snuggle deeper --still weird as hell--into his chest and he interlocks his fingers with mine. Or Admin's. Or... Oh, who cares whose fingers they are right now?!?

"Hey, what can I say? Training with Sully works up an appetite, as well as tiring me out!" He takes another bite of his apple, as if talking about hunger reminded him about the food. Don't I know it, though... Once again, the dynamic of the four of us works amazingly well. My best friend is Admin, and my wife's best friend is Stahl. It all works out, really. I sigh and lean even closer.

"Mm... The sun is nice..." I say. I can feel my eyes growing heavy... I shouldn't fall asleep, gotta keep up the act...

(STAHL'S POV)

Aw... She fell asleep... I turn her face towards me gently with one finger, smiling. Her sleeping face is so cute... Either way, I had better clean up and head back to camp before I fall asleep too! People would start to wonder if we were... I blush and pack up the rest of our lunch.

___

"Hey, everyone? We're back!" I call, trying to tone down my volume. Cordelia pops her head up from sharpening her weapon.

"Oh, she fell asleep? Much like Admin... You should bring her to her tent," she says. I nod.

"I was just going to! Hey, after, maybe I could practice harp with you again? I found a new song!" She laughs.

"We'll see, Stahl. For now, take care of your fiancee." I laugh and head out, carrying Admin princess-style.

---

AdChrom: Crap... I wanted to do that... I'm going to gave to go on an ACTUAL date with my husband when we switch back.

Fem!Chrom: *sleeping*

AdChrom: *sigh* I really am cute sleeping. Anyway, part three will be coming kinda sorta somewhat soon! In the meantime, ask, dare and comment!