Order

The circus was destroyed; there were many dead bodies of the onlookers and coven members. Tabatha calmly walked out of her tent when she saw the destruction. The witch heard the chaos but didn't leave her hiding spot since she knew the creatures would go after her; she also didn't have enough manpower. Walking through and seeing the destruction made Tabatha's blood boil; her creatures escaped. "Sister Tabatha."

"Bethany, did all of my monsters escape?"

"Most of them, but a few were captured since many can't swim or fly."

"And what about my favorite pet?"

Although Tabatha looked calm and collected on the outside, Bethany knew that the coven leader was fuming. She could feel her anger even from afar. "Unfortunately, he escaped. We shouldn't be surprised since he can fly." The siren was her favorite of all the creatures in Tabatha's collection. Bethany felt that Tabatha had an unhealthy obsession with the siren since they discovered it. The siren was a legendary creature that was truly out of their world. "However, I am certain that we will find it."

"If you are trying to save your skin, you are wasting your time. I-"

"Sister Tabatha." The women stopped as they noticed Jovan walking toward them. "I know you are angry that your pets escaped, but all is not lost. I have two people who know the culprits." He turned and motioned a group of six coven members to walk forward. The group dragged two people and threw them on the ground in front of Tabatha. "Their names are Zachery and Kahlua; they came with other people who looked suspicious."

Kahlua and Zachery were gagged; their hands and feet were tied. They also looked beaten up as they trembled. Tabatha glared at the duo, standing before them and kicking them across the face. "Did they talk?"

"We didn't interrogate them yet. They were trying to escape and we wanted to await your orders."

"And where is Othalia?"

"Grr, right here." Everyone noticed the young woman walking toward the group. They were surprised to see her injured, but Othalia didn't complain about the pain. Othalia was considered the masochist of the coven; she enjoyed inflicting and gaining pain. "Those bastards did us good; they escaped the island."

Tabatha's hands turned into fists, but she eventually calmed down, and a smile formed on her lips. "Well, it shouldn't be a problem. I doubt that whoever did this doesn't live far."

"Well, they could be tourists. Don't you think we need to act fast, just in case?" asked Othalia.

Jovan cleared his throat. "Sister Tabatha, if I have permission to speak?"

Tabatha's smile never wavered as she waved her hand. "I think it is best that we leave this island. Some of our guests were able to escape this island, and there is a possibility that law enforcement will arrive on this island. We must go to the nearby island to plan our next steps."

"Yes, you do have a good point. Those who were killed will be called missing, and we can't afford to get caught. Jovan, I will leave you in charge of these two, and I want you to get the names of the others who arrived with them. Bethany, give the order for all our belongings to get packed."

"What of the bodies?"

"Keep a couple; fresh meat is needed to feed my pets that will return to mommy. The rest need to be disposed of. We will leave by tomorrow afternoon."

Bethany and Jovan bowed as Tabatha went back to her tent. "Take the two away and prepare them when we leave," Jovan ordered the coven members, who took the duo away.

Othalia didn't look too pleased. "Hmm, Sister Tabatha always gives you all the fun. I could get the information out of those two in seconds."

"Yet, you let those who let go of the creatures escape. You are not as intelligent as you think." Bethany rolled her eyes. "Now that I mention it, if you hadn't let them escape, then we could have gotten rid of them without difficulty. Now, we have to find those fools." 

Without warning, Othalia grabbed Bethany by the neck, tightly squeezing her. Her face became deranged, which would make a grown man fear for his life. "You damn bitch! Do you think you can do better!? How about I show you that I-!" Othalia couldn't finish her statement as Jovan roughly and violently grabbed her by the neck and pushed her down to the ground. The young witch was surprised by the suddenness; she eyed Jovan, who merely looked at her with an emotionless expression. They looked at one another until Othalia slowly stood up and giggled. "My, my, you know how to handle it rough." She slowly licked her lips while slowly walking toward him. "Is that how you handled our sister in bed? You couldn't please her enough since she seems tired of you."

Jovan looked indifferent. "Jealous that you could never get her attention? As Bethany mentioned, if you could get off the fools, we wouldn't have to waste time trying to find them." He lifted one of his eyebrows. "You're losing your touch." He noticed that Othelia bit her lower lip so hard that blood drips flowed down.

"Hn, don't think this is over, Jovan. You may be Sister Tabatha's pet, but I know you're hiding something and I'm going to find out what." 

Othalia marched away, leaving Bethany and Jovan alone. "You didn't have to get involved, Jovan."

"We shouldn't fight amongst ourselves. I was merely stopping the situation before it got out of hand. You know how she gets when she gets crossed."

Bethany shrugged her shoulders. "She is nothing more than an immature, sadistic child. Anyway, we must prepare to get out of this island." Bethany began to walk the opposite way but stopped as she glanced at Jovan. "Be careful, Jovan." She left while Jovan stood and thought about his following actions.