ια (finale)

AN:
-done in about 30mins while im walking so please excuse the errors. haha

--

Zenaida had been rather happy the past two months. The financial crisis both the Reids and Lustres were facing had been smoothed out thanks to an investor who had bought stocks even amidst the scandal.

Nadine was also back with her and was, for a change, doing what she tells her to do.

She had not been in contact with James--she made sure about this. She had all her activities monitored and reported. And Nadine is now also working under Dennis at the main branch of Empyrean Hotel as one of the board members.

She seemed rather sad but Zenaida wasn't worried. She was just infatuated with that James. She will get over him.

That was one thing that still wasn't sort out, though. They still can't arrange a marriage for Nadine. Because of her posts in social media, the whole country knew about her insanity. And it was hard to deny it especially since the public seems to love the idea of Nadine with the bastard. They even call him her "prince". Zenaida has to resist gagging at that. He was only with status today because of his whore mother. He didn't have anything to be proud of. He hasn't achieved anything.

Unfortunately, the prominent families who has a potential marriage partner for Nadine care too much about image and don't want much attention from the public. Zenaida had told Nadine to delete her posts but it was the only thing she refused to do.

So Zenaida had had her account deactivated. It was also for her own good. It will help her forget about him. And it would probably calm down the public--her fans and the media who were very much curious about her daughter's relationship with her husband's bastard brother, especially after they got a recent photo of her with her short hair. Anyway, Zenaida had made Nadine stop with modeling or having anything to do with showbiz. The public or media didn't have anything to do with her daughter anymore.

--

It was already night time when Dennis's secretary called Zenaida.

She was rather annoyed at this because she was already on her way home. Why not just call Dennis?

She answered rather grudgingly.

"Ma'am, I'm so sorry." Was said in the other line rather hastily and in panic. "It's Ma'am Nadine. She just fainted. We're on our way to CMGH."

--

Zenaida and Dennis had met in the lobby of the hospital. There were already many reporters there and their bodyguards had to make a way for them so they could get through. They already knew Nadine's room number from Dennis's secretary. Zenaida was annoyed Nadine's bodyguard still hasn't contacted her. He should have been reporting everything to her.

They went to one of the suite rooms. Dennis's secretary probably arranged it as they haven't been informed of the details of her admission.

Without knocking, Zenaida had barged into the room followed closely by Dennis.

But they stopped in their tracks at the sight before them.

Nadine was in the bed, sleeping, but she wasn't alone. James was seated besides her, Nadine's arms are around his torso and she's smiling in her sleep. By the bed standing are Nadine's bodyguard, Nathan, and Dianne. And sitting on the other side of the bed, in a stool, is Tristan, who has a smirk on his face.

"Hello." Tristan said casually. "Nice to see you two concerned about my little sister."

"What is the meaning of this?" Zenaida demanded once she got over her shock. "You!" She accused, pointing at Nadine's bodyguard.