ζ part 2

AN: unbetaed

---

Dianne felt like she's going to be sick. She watched as an old man--presumably the caretaker moved towards them. Nadine was holding one of her hand, while Nathan was still patting her back. It wasn't really helping nerves. She just felt so uncomfortable with Nadine's short dress and she was sure they'd get caught in a few seconds.

"Relax." Nathan said in a whisper. "You're starting to look scary."

Before she could even react, the caretaker was already in front of them.

"Ma'am Nadine! We've been expecting you." The caretaker said, curtsying at Nadine. He looked grandfatherly.

"Lakay, how are you?" Nadine said, moving to hug the old man as if he was family rather than a caretaker.

That was really what differs Nadine from other rich people she had observed. She was very warm and affectionate, and sees people as people. She doesn't think people who works for them are below them.

"I'm very good, my dear." The old man said. "And these are?" He asked.

Dianne felt like she stopped breathing.

"This is my friend, Dianne. She's also a model." Nadine introduced casually. "Bodyguards." She said next dismissively, vaguely gesturing at James and Nathan.

'Huh, I guess this is how she usually address her former bodyguards.' Dianne thought, distractedly. She heard her former bodyguards were grumpy and stiff old men.

"Welcome, my dear." The caretaker said, only addressing Dianne.

Dianne managed a nod and an awkward smile.

"Well." Nadine said a little quickly. "We'll just leave our things in our rooms then I'll show her around the vineyards, okay?" She told the old man.

"Of course." The old man said. "We'll prepare some refreshments."

"Thank you." Nadine said and started pulling Dianne away, with James and Nathan following closely.

--

As soon as Nathan closed the door of the room, Dianne released a sigh of relief.

"Now, that wasn't so bad." Nathan commented and Nadine giggled.

"I'm sorry Di, but I think they believed us. Now we only have to keep away from them until we have to leave. And that won't be a problem since there's much to see here." Nadine said, then turned to James. 

"I wanna show you guys the strawberry farm and the vineyard and the wine cellar. We can go horseback riding, too." She said excitedly.

"Sounds like a plan." James said, smiling at Nadine. "But are you sure you aren't tired? You just came from a 6 hours drive."

"Okay, let's just rest here for a bit, then. Then let's explore." Nadine said easily.

--

They stayed in the room (that looked a bit like a suite room with two bedrooms, each having a kingsize bed) for a bit and eventually, Dianne and Nathan had both fallen asleep, the former in one of the beds and the latter on the couch.