ι΄part 2

AN:
-can't decide which Filipino actor to cast as Tristan so I got Ikuta Toma instead. haha.

--

James woke up earlier than usual which was odd since they had slept late. They had arrived in the Philippines late last night and traveled straight to Baguio--to James's house.

He looked at Nadine who was besides him, sleeping soundly with her arms around his torso. He kissed her temple lightly and she smiled in her sleep. Carefully, he sat up and got out of the bed. He didn't feel sleepy anymore.

He was actually feeling a little worried and he didn't know why. He just have this bad feeling.

He moved to the kitchen to get a glass of water. That was when the doorbell rang.

'Must be Nathan.' He thought. 'He's early.'

James opened the door without really thinking. When he saw who it was, he stopped dead.

"Tristan."

"Hello, James." Tristan said with his usual unreadable smile.

"Welcome back. You look good." Tristan said, looking at James from head to toe.

James stood frozen, not really knowing what to do.

"Aren't you letting your brother in?" He asked.

James subtly shook his head and then moved to the side to make way for Tristan.

Tristan walked inside towards the living room.

"This is a beautiful house." He commented.

James stayed silent. Tristan looked at him curiously.

"You look like you've seen a ghost." He said, still studying him.

"You must have known everyone would know you're back once you've stepped in this country." Tristan said.

"I didn't expect you." James said, finally talking.

Tristan shrugged. "People don't usually expect things from me."

They were quiet for a moment. And then James said,

"But that's how you want it. People not expecting anything from you."

Tristan smiled at him and then shrugged. "It's an easier life to live. You also do that, don't you? Although you are in a better position to do it." He said insensitively.

James frowned at him. He was used to Tristan being frank and insensitive, but right now is probably the first time he was revealing so much about himself.

"You're playing the game..." James said as he realized.

Tristan grinned again, but didn't say anything about his comment. He sat on the sofa comfortably. James remained standing.

"So, what's your plan now, James?" Tristan asked.

James's frowned deepened. He didn't like where this conversation was going. He couldn't even tell what Tristan's goal was. Why did he come all the way to Baguio to talk to him? What would he get in this anyway? But he had to think about the answer to his question.

Truth be told, James didn't really have anymore plan. He had done everything he could think of to secure himself and Nadine in the last 2 weeks, but he still needed more time for some things. He had gone home hoping everything he did was enough to support his other plans, for now. He had hoped they would still have a few days of silence.

"You know..." Tristan started saying when James didn't answer. "I was there when Dennis and Zenaida was arguing about you two."

He grinned again, looking as if he was enjoying himself. "It was so funny. Zenaida was ranting and demanding for Dennis to return her daughter, calling you a kidnapper. And Dennis was complaining about Nadine being a spoiled brat and ruining his plans for a merger."