δ part 2

AN: still unbeta-ed

James and Sebbie left sometime in the afternoon. James thought of bringing Sebbie home first but just went straight to his old home. It would be just a quick visit, anyway.

Sebbie had seemed to recognized the place and he didn't look very excited as James parked the car near the house. Nevertheless, Sebbie had followed James as he got out of the car and into the house.

"Sir James!" Greeted an old man as James entered the gate. "It's been a while."

"Charles." James greeted back. "It's good to see you. I'm just gonna see dad quickly. He's home, right?"

"Yes. As well as Sir Tristan." Charles informed him.

James nodded. "Can I leave Sebbie with you?"

"Of course, sir." Charles said. "Hey there, buddy." The man greeted the dog. Sebbie greeted back by pushing his body to Charles's legs.

"I'll be back, Sebbie." James said and entered the house.

The living room was empty, so James walked straight towards his dad's room. Before he could reach it though, someone called him.

"Hey, you're here." It was Tristan.

"Yeah." James just said, stopping and looking at his half-brother. 

"Good you remembered to visit. Dad's been missing his favorite son." He told him casually.

Tristan has always talked to James like that. He never knew if his half-brother was being sarcastic or just callous. He had decided he'll never find out so he usually just doesn't overthink whatever he tells him.

But there was some truth in what he said. James has been favored by their dad as they were growing up. His dad wasn't always present in his life nor were they very close. He didn't shower him with gifts either, but he made sure he had everything he needed as he grew up. And James was thankful of that. It probably was just bare minimum to other people but comparing to their father's relationship to his other brothers, they had a much better one. 

According to his late Tita Esperanza, Dennis had been a Mama's boy and was never close to their dad. They had a rocky relationship even before their mother died. Tristan on the other hand was too independent and wasn't close to their dad either. He had a rebel phase where he seemed to try to just fail at everything their dad wanted him to take up.

"How is he?" James asked, trying not to think about his words. Tristan had always been unpredictable with his words.

"He's good. Doctor said his new meds are more effective for him." Tristan said. "Now don't let me keep you here. Go." He said with a smile.

James just nodded and moved to the room.

He knocked a few times then opened the door, peeking inside.

He smiled when he saw his dad on the bad.

"Dad." He called his attention.

James's dad's face brightened when he saw him.

"James." He called, smiling, then patted the space besides him on the bed.

Quietly, James approached him and sat next to him.

"How are you?" He asked.

"As good as an old man can be." His dad said. "How are you, Jamie?" He asked back, looking at him.

"You look different." He said. "You look more relax. You look... content."

James was quiet for a while and then he nodded.