η part 1

"What's that?" Dianne asked as soon as they got off the car.

They were currently--well, Nadine wasn't sure but it seems this is where they will be staying. But what got Dianne worried was what sounded like an animal crying as if in pain.

Nathan rolled his eyes.

"You are such a drama queen, Sebbie!" He called out as he opened the door with his key.

"That's Sebbie?" Nadine asked, laughing a little.

"He's a little clingy." James just said.

As Nathan opened the door, a blur of black suddenly burst from it and suddenly James was on the floor with a howling and whining Sebbie on top of him.

Nathan started laughing outloud. Dianne just looked worried. Nadine kinda found it funny but was more busy trying to calm the dog and helping James up.

"Okay, okay. I miss you, too--" He groaned in pain.

"Sebbie, get off James. Come here, baby." Nadine was coaxing while Dianne was trying to pull him away. But the beast was still trying to squeeze himself into James.

James had also started laughing, and that was when Nathan thought to move and help the two girls, still laughing.

"Are you okay?" Nadine asked James.

"Yeah." James said dismissively. "Not really the first time." He chuckled as he tried to arrange himself. Sebbie was still trying to get to him but Nathan got a hold of his collar.

James went to Sebbie and tried to calm the dog down himself by engulfing him in a hug. The dog still whimpered but finally settled down.

"Finally." Nathan said. "Let's all go inside. It's been a long day."

They entered the house--a rest house it seems, that was in traditional style, but with modern touches here and there. It was quite spacious but not as big as the Lustre's villa. It looked quite bare but still managed to feel cozy somehow.

"There are 4 bedrooms." Nathan started saying. "Me and James both have one and then there are two guestrooms. So, Dianne, I'll show you to your room. James and Nadine, go on ahead to your room and good night. I'm beat."

Dianne reluctantly followed Nathan, leaving the two alone.

"That arrangement is okay with you, right?" James had to ask. Just to be sure.

"I would've gotten mad if that wasn't the arrangement." Nadine said.

James laughed. "Okay. This way, then."

--

James lead Nadine opposite to where Nathan and Dianne went to, with Sebbie closely following them. They walked through a hallway and into the only room on this side of the house, it seems.

"This room is facing the east." James said. "Nathan isn't a morning person and didn't want to be waken up by sunrise so he chose a room on the other side."

James opened the door and Sebbie went inside first.

"I'm not a morning person either, but I like seeing the sunrise from here. It's actually nice to be hit by the warmth in the morning since it's colder then." He explained.