S E V E N: Partners Pt 1 - Zoey's P.O.V

Zoey's P.O.V

Liv and I kept on walking down the hallway which was now silent. I honestly didn't know what to say to her after what happened.

"So...."

"Save it." She quickly answered.

"Save what?"

"Trying to start a conversation with me to prevent silence. You don't need to do that." She replied again.

I kept silent again but I got bored. My homeroom is really far away.

"I like your hair. It's blue. One of my favorite colors." I complimented.

"Thanks. IT was entirely blue before but Principal Mac said if I didn't do something about it, I'd be suspended for 3 weeks."

"Wow, your parents even let you dye your entire hair. Mine won't even let me have an artificial highlight tied to it."

She turned and looked at me. "I live with my grandmother. My mother's a schizophrenic and my father died years ago."

I gasped. I couldn't believe it. She must have gone through a lot. "Wow. I'm sorry."

"Yeah well it's nothing to condole about. My life's always been like this." she told me. "Just gotta live through it."

"I'd like to know more."

Then we stopped walking. "If you want to know more about me, let's meet up at the old tree."

"Why did we stop?" I asked.

"This is your homeroom." She pointed to the closed door beside us. "Good luck and don't be scared."

I looked around and then saw Clarke running towards me with her hair flying up and down.

"There you are. I've been looking all over for you." and then she stopped and stood closer to me, realizing who she was facing. Liv.

"You were looking for her? I met her in the bathroom sobbing tears uncontrollably. What a good friend you are. Congratulations." Liv said, indirectly attacking Clarke. I could see that Clarke was trembling inside.

"Its's okay Liv, I ran out and not much people know me so I'm not surprised if she was looking for me."

She narrowed her eyes to Clarke and then looked at me. "Whatever. We'll talk later." and she left.

Clarke shifted closer to me.

"What's your deal, Clarke?"

"Have you gone bonkers? What were you doing with Liv Rhodes?"

"I was in the bathroom crying my eyes out waiting for a friend to comfort me. But what do I get? The scariest girl in school comes to comfort me, so it's not really bad because she acted more like a friend than you ever did." I complained.

"I'm sorry. I was coming after you but then I got stopped by a really cute jock called Jason who was complimenting my locks and....."

I rolled my eyes at her useless stories. The last thing I would want to hear is something that has to do with a boy. The last time I met a boy, he ran into me and made me look like an idiot by hiding my glasses behind his back.

As I opened the door and entered the noisy, unstable classroom filled with students, someone's hand blocked me from entering and I once again tripped. I looked up to see who it was and of course I wasn't surprised. It was that guy from the assembly.

"Hey! Hey! It's the girl with the glasses!" he chuckled stupidly.

Clarke helped me up. Then their eyes locked and she let go of me, making me fall again.

"Um.... Hello? Need a little help here!" I nagged.

I could here my dumb friend giggling, so I just gathered up the strength and anger and stood up, dusting myself clean.

"Hey, nice show at the auditorium earlier. Next time, you'll be a nice kitten to me." he mocked.

"I didn't do anything to you. You were the one who hid my glasses!" I yelled angrily.

"Zoey, control yourself!" Clarke whispered to me harshly.

"Whose side are you on?"

"It's clear she's on my side." then he took his hand and stroke her cheek, which really made me sick. I could notice him narrowing his eyes to me.

"Should I do the same to you?"

I wish I could answer him but I couldn't and I didn't want to so I kept quiet.

"Clarke, let's leave. We're wasting our time here."

"Whatever." he shrugged and turned to Clarke. "See ya later, brown eyes." and he walked away from us into the crowd of popular kids. Clarke shrieked in excitement with her whole face turning red.

"What the heck!"

"He called me Brown eyes!" She shrieked again.

"Who is that jerk anyway?"

Then she gasped. "He's Luke Gallows. One of the cutest, hottest, most gorgeous, sexy, talented..."

"GET TO THE POINT!" I interrupted.

"He's the leader of his band group and the leader of the CRP."

Now it made sense. Pride and jerkish attitude, popular with the girls. He was a bad boy. Like all those bad boys in those cheesy teen fiction novels that are piled up in my bookshelf. I wasn't surprised. He expected me to fall into his trap the time he hid my glasses. Thank goodness I'm not an idiot.

"But sadly he's dating Shay Autumn."

Doesn't the news get any better? Shay Autumn! Perfect match.

Jerky + Bitchy = The worst time of my life!

I hope I don't see that S.O.B again! I would wake Clarke up from her daydream and tell her that she has no chance with a guy who doesn't even know her name, but I decided to leave her to dream on, and walked to my seat at the front. What a good friend I am!

I turned to my back and saw him gathered round with four guys. He was chatting and talking to them, then suddenly his eyes caught me looking. Bastard! He thinks I'm checking him out! I turned away and brought out my history textbook. That is the subject we're having now. Right?

______________________________________________________________________

Any problems? Nope? Maybe? Comment if you like!

IF yes, message me and we'll talk.

Keep reading, sharing and voting please!

Character castings will change soon. The main ones (That's Zoey, Luke, Shay and Liv) will remain the same.

OTHER BOOKS OF MINE:

Choices

Secracy: Reign Of The Vampires

The Tycoon's Woman

***NEW!*** Coming In November!

Born Evil.

Thanks Guys!