T W O - High School Or Jungle?: Zoey's P.O.V

The bus ride wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be. In fact, it wasn't exciting at all. It was lonely and weird. Weird because I sat next to a guy licking peanut butter off his nose and and lonely because...I have no friends yet!

When we arrived, I had to pass through a crowd of impatient students waiting to get down from the bus. I swear, if I wasn't careful, I would have been trampled upon. But I made it. Doesn't that matter?

I gazed at the beautiful building. Who knows what lies in the walls and halls of this great architecture called Calibury High. My jaw dropped in amusement. I've never seen anything like it. Not even my last school was as big as this. Well, it was because it was a public school but this it's different. I was so lost in amazement, I didn't really realize the amount of drooling pouring out of my mouth.

"Hey! Close your mouth!" a voice uttered to me.

I still couldn't get my mind back into place. The next minute, I felt a hand on my chin drawing my head back into place. Then I woke up and saw a girl with long brunette locks, huge black glasses and a uniform like outfit that was red, white, grey and black in color. Like those outfits in JCPenny's. She had freckles on her face and wore red sneakers which made her cardigan. She looked friendly.

"Oh! Sorry!" I apologized embarrassingly.

"It's okay. Judging by the way you gaped at the building means that you must be a new kid."

"Do new kids do this?" I asked.

"Most of them. My name's Clarke Pattyson."

She gave me a friendly handshake. "Okay Clarke, I'm Zoey Walter."

"Nice to meet you, Zoey."

Clarke's smile was bright and peppy. It gave me some hope that school wasn't gonna be so bad. Or could it be a disguise?

"Let's go. There's a lot to see here." and she directed me into the building.

She took me to the halls where there were doors to different classrooms. Then we kept on going and I saw students of different heights and sizes. I know I sound like a total moron, but these kids had groups and were stationed at each part of the school. Then, we stopped walking.

"Why did you stop, Zoey?"

"Why do I feel like I've entered a totally different planet?"

"Because my dear Zoey, you have entered high school and in order for you to survive here, you need to find a place in here." Clarke explained. "Would you like to know what's in this high school?"

I nodded quickly. For some reason, I have to know because it's the only way I can survive here!

She pointed to the corner were a bunch of kids wearing black were gathered. "Those are the Goths but we usually call them the Undertakers because they look like a group of zombies risen from the dead."

"Ouch! That hurts." I said

"Nobody dares go close to them. Even if you do, pray you make it out alive! They do all sorts of creepy things in their lair, especially their leader SKAR."

I gulped. How am I supposed to survive the school year with them?

We kept on walking and pointed to another group of kids. This time, the sight was filled much hotter, more good looking, muscular boys in the school's jacket holding footballs in their hands.

"I know you'll like this sight. These are our school hotties. The Jocks. If you're asked out by any of them, just know that your reputation will increase."

"I didn't come to school for that."

She shrugged her shoulders. She turned around and pointed to another bunch of kids in glasses.

"Those are the Mathletes. Anyone who hangs out with them officially has no reputation."

Another ouch! Who knew being smart would cost you your social life in high school. I'm doomed!

Then suddenly everything around me felt so weird. Everything suddenly froze we looked forward only for me to see all the kids in the hall moved towards their lockers and six beautiful, supermodel like girls walked across the hallway in slow motion. Their hair blew with the wind and they all had serious model faces. They all sashayed across the hall, leaving everyone in the hall astonished. They were gorgeous, tall, flawless and fashionable.... Uh oh! Everybody bowed before their beauty like goddesses. What?

"Who are they?" I asked

As soon as the girls passed me by, an essence of Victoria Secret rubbed off on me. I felt worthless.

"Shay.... Autumn"

Shay Autumn. Even her name sounds priceless.

"These girls are part of The C.R.P and Shay is the Queen." She explained.

"C.R.P?"

They gathered themselves in a corner, gossiping, giggling and glossing.

"That girl's a witch. She's so popular, she makes everybody drop to their knees for her. No one dares cross her path."

"And what happens if they do?"

"Consider that person's high school year and high school education GONE! She'll embarrass you badly, you'd never want to live again!"

I glanced at her. She was talking to her friends and then suddenly, she turned and caught my eye with an evil cat-eyed glare. I'm in trouble. Hatred and envy grew in me. I had never felt that way before. I felt so...insecure.

"Now Zoey, the question I ask you now is. In this jungle we inhabit in, where do you belong to? Where is your pack?"

Just by that statement, I panicked again. Uh oh!

**********************

xxxx Hi guys! It's me again! Still need your help with a new cover for this book. If you'd like to make one, please message me! Please comment, like, promote and share with your friends. Thanks! xxxx