The Modern World (According to Leo)

Hazel held the small device in her hands, twisting it carefully. She inspected its shiny surface, her golden eyes reflecting on the back of it. Hazel pressed a button gingerly and the screen lit up, displaying the time and a picture of a girl with a bow and arrow, the background fire. She finally looked up at Leo and curiously asked him:

"What is it?"

"An iPod." Leo replied, amused at Hazel and the seemingly strange device to her.

"What does it do?"

"What does it do? Heaps of things! You can listen to music, play games, watch videos and so much more!"

"Sounds scary," Hazel commented, placing it back on a table. "Where's Calypso?"

"She's on Facebook on my computer." As if on cue, Calypso walked out of the other room and into the one they were in.

"Leo," Calypso sounded like she was trying to suppress a grimace. "How do I get your cat videos to stop?" Leo stepped through the door, Hazel following. As soon as she did, Hazel covered her ears.

A very annoying tune was playing very high-pitched and speedy, sounding like something saying 'Nyan' over and over. A cartoon pop-tart (and yes, Hazel actually knew what they were) with the head and tail of a cat was flying in what seemed like space, a rainbow propelling it from behind.

"It's been playing for twenty minutes now," Calypso complained, rubbing her eyes.

"Oh, haha..." Leo trailed off as he shut off the music, making Calypso and Hazel sigh in relief.

After a few moments of awkward silence, Leo asked them both

"Do you want to see my new invention?" The two girls shrugged and silently agreed, following Leo to a new room.

::

"So here it is!" Leo cried, throwing his arms out extravagantly. Stood near him was a weird machine of sorts. It was a big metal box, with a touchscreen on the front, and something that looked like a projector on the side.

"Step right here, Hazel!" Leo encouraged, directing Hazel to stand in front of it. She stood there, looking uncertain as Leo tapped a few buttons on the touch screen. Nothing happened, and then the room was filled with a bright light. And in a flash, Hazel had disappeared.

"Where'd she go?" Calypso cried out, glaring at Leo.

"Hopefully...Hazel just went into a book." Leo muttered. The screen came alight. Hazel was now lining up outside a building, gazing at people dressed in black and jumping into trains. Her expression was a mixture of disbelief and wonder as she gazed at them. A person in bright clothes beside Hazel nudged her, sending her out of her daydream.

Leo tapped a few buttons and Hazel was now sitting in a room with hundreds of others, dressed in various shades such as blue, grey, black and white and yellow.

"And next, Hazel Levesque!" A man called, standing on a podium beneath them. Beside him were five large metal bowls. Each had a substance such as grey stones, water, earth, lit coals and glass.

Hazel walked to the front, visibly confused and nervous. She glanced from each of the bowls for a long time. Leo sighed.

"Better bring her back." he muttered. A moment later, Hazel flashed back into existence.

"W-what happened?"

"You, Hazel, were just then successfully transported into a book! IT WORKED!" Leo grabbed Calypso's and Hazel's hand and spun them round, giggling like crazy. The two girls simply stood there, a 'WTF?' expression on their faces.

"Leo?" Percy stepped through the door.

"Can you teleport me in, too?"

::

Percy was standing in what seemed to be a common room. People were gathered round a fireplace, talking quietly. Percy walked up to a particular boy with glasses and a lightning scar on his forehead, partly covered by messy black hair.

Percy reached into his pocket and pulled out a ballpoint pen. He uncapped it and it turned into a gleaming, Celestial Bronze sword that faintly glowed in the firelight. Everyone gasped.

"I can kill with one swipe, you know." Percy mentioned casually, swinging in his hands. A few people cautiously backed away, but the boy with the glasses didn't back down. Instead, he reached into his pocket and pulled out what seemed to be a stick. He pointed it at Percy and said calmly.

"I can kill with a stick." Suddenly, another person appeared beside them. His hair was blonde and a loaf of bread was in his head.

"I can bake bread. I WIN!"

*applause*

::

A/N: What used to be a suggestion from @theprophecyof7 turned into....this

I saw a thing on Instagram and I expanded on it

Do you guys like faster but shorter updates, or longer but slower ones? Let me know!!

:D Next chapter will be a Facebook one, so leave suggestions on this line!!

Comment on this line if you are a guy

Comment on this one if you are a fish

-Skyealita

QOTD: Which character would you like to see in what book?

Eg. Coach Hedge in Hunger Games

(Come to think of it, that would be pretty funny)

PS. 26k reads?? I CAN'T EVEN
*hands out pink frosted sprinkled donuts*

PPS. Would anyone be interested in reading a random 20 facts about me? Lol