Chapter 2: Con #1

You can probably guess what happened next, and yes it was amazing...until we woke up the next morning...not that we slept much. 

Honestly who did I think I was?

I never knew I had such a dirty mind until Jared was on top of me, kissing me senseless. I was thinking of such naughty things, he was murmuring sweet nothings into my ear, and it sent chills down my back, literally. I was biting him, arching my back, my body obviously asking to be taken advantage of.

The dress I was wearing had ridden up to my thigh and his leg was in between mine. I had never been this intimate with a guy before...ever, and if we didn't stop soon, he was going to realize that. 

But the crazy thing, I didn't want him to stop. I had never really thought about my virginity before. I always thought I would lose it the traditional way, you know, get married, have a baby or two e.t.c. I never imagined that I would be in an apartment with a guy I don't know, enjoying every single thing he was doing to me.  

The last thing I remember him saying is, 

"We really shouldn't be doing this..." and I knew there was no turning back.

I woke up the next morning, I tried lifting my head, but it hurt a little bit, probably from the lack of sleep. At the corner of my eye I could see Jared sitting on the bed, his head in his hands. That was never good sign.

Uh-oh.

"Morning..." I said, sitting up, pulling the sheet to cover my bare breasts. I started blushing. I didn't even sleep naked when I sleep alone.

"Why didn't you tell me..." he asked.

I started to semi-panic. 

"Tell you what?" I asked. Trying to pretend I didn't know what he was talking about.

"You're a virgin, well were one anyway" he said matter-of-factly. 

"Oh..." Well what else was I suppose to say.

"Last night wasn't suppose to happen, I'm sorry" he said. 

Wasn't that supposed to be my line? Did he regret it? He sure as hell wasn't regretting it throughout the whole night and into the morning when we'd go between light sleep and intense love making.

Nonetheless reality swept over me. I felt a sharp pain pierce my heart.  What had I done. The real Katie was finally back.

"I should have said something, but at that moment I couldn't think properly" I said, looking down at my hands. How did people go from one night stand to one night stand? I would seriously die of embarrassment every morning trying to make small talk -  just as I was at this very moment.

He looked up, grinned, then said, 

"I know, me too...the minute I was inside I couldn't come out"  How was he comfortable saying these kinds of things in broad daylight? 

"So what now?" I asked. Ignoring his previous statement.

"I dunno, I'll drive you home I guess" 

"I'll just call a cab, mind if I use your shower?" I asked. If he drove me home it would cause all sorts of problems. I lived in a small neighbourhood where everyone knew everyone.

"Help yourself" he said, standing up. 

After he left the room I hurried towards the shower and cleaned up quickly.  

When I got back to the room after I was done I found my dress and underwear folded neatly and put on the bed. I guess he did this a lot. He wasn't being one bit nervous at all. For some reason this hurt a little.

I dressed quickly and walked to the lounge. Jared was on the phone. He was saying something about going in late to his office today, and I felt totally guilty. 

How old is he? 

When he finished his call he offered me breakfast. He was being cool about everything. I must have looked pathetic.

"Cereal will be fine thanks" I said, when I finally snapped out of my little slump I saw him looking at me as if I was some sort of weirdo. Did he think cereal was a childish breakfast? was I overthinking things? Would it have been less awkward if I'd asked for bacon and eggs or something. I was definitely over thinking things.

He poured me some of the cereal and handed me the milk from the fridge. I wasn't even that hungry. I felt sick to my stomach.

"So..." he said, fighting back a smile. I can't help but laugh with him. 

"Look Kate, I'm sorry about erm...well, taking your virginity" he says, grinning. 

Could we please not have this talk. Like ever.

Honestly, what do you say to that? 

"I was bound to lose it sometime" I say, trying to sound as casual I as I could.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" he asks.

Kind of random but OK.

"As of last night, no" he's the reason I went to the bar anyway. We broke up over something really stupid. He told me I wasn't any fun and I wanted to prove him wrong. I guess I kind of went overboard.

"Oh great then one less thing to feel guilty about"  Was that the only reason he asked?

It's a great thing today's Sunday cause then I wouldn't have to worry about school or whatever. 

"What do you do for a living?" I was really curious. 

"I work at a little telecommunications company" he said, swinging on the chair. Now why did I feel like he was downplaying his job? Surely if he could afford to live in a penthouse in the best part of town he would need to have a really good job?

"How old are you?" I couldn't help but wonder. 

"29 today " he says, grinning. 

"Happy birthday" I say. Getting lost in my thoughts. Why would he spend his birthday eve with a total stranger? Didn't he have friends and family? a girlfriend maybe? I mean he was pretty good looking and obviously made a decent living.

"Thanks" 

"Well I really have to go" if I want to think of a good excuse to tell my parents. 

"So, will I see you again?" he asks.

Think Katie, how do you say yes without coming off too desperate.

"Erm...if you want?"  

"What's your number?" he asks, and I write it down quickly for him as he walks me to the door. 

"You look really young today" he says, frowning, and I laugh. 

If he only knew. I looked back one last time and he looked even more yummy waving me off.

***

Hey y'all :)

If you're enjoying the story please vote and comment. follow too ;) It means a lot to me.

thanks for reading! :)

Val

x