Special Gift

Wow! New chapter already? I know huh? Amazing~ Hope you enjoy!

~~~~~

After all the cake and muffins I ate, it gave me a stomach ache so mom made me sit on the couch and not eat anything. It was an agonizing 30 minutes!

I sat there reading a scroll on one of the wars between Konoha and Iwa while Sasuke sat next to me. He was currently giving me sneaky looks while eating some apple pie.

Not just any apple pie. Mom's "The Big One". Her best apple pie. And Sasuke was eating it while I had to sit out because of a stupid stomach ache. It wasn't my fault, the first cake was delicious and then I got a second one then I just couldn't stop eating. 

I don't regret it one bit.

But the whole point is that Sasuke is being a jerk and mocking me.

I made sure not to look at him and kept my eyes strained on the scroll. I knew he was trying to rile me up with his knowing glances and exaggerated bites.

"MOM! I FEEL FINE! Can I have some pie now, please?" I smiled cutely and gave her the puppy dog eyes as she came in from the kitchen with Mikoto trailing behind her. And of course with a plate of pie in her hand. 

"Are you sure? Is your stomach still hurting?" I pursed my lips but smiled when dad came in whining.

"Come onnnnn Mina-chan! Just let her have some pie! She's perfectly fiiiine!" He grinned and held up a plate of pie and in his other hand with a small wrapped gift. "And she can open my present first!"

I grinned as mom sighed but let dad hand me some pie. He eagerly sat in front of me and pushed the gift across the table.

"Come on! Open it!" Mikoto giggled and sat on her knees on my right with mom next to her with a medium box wrapped in light blue reflective wrapping paper. I quickly bit into my pie and picked the box up. I leaned forward and shook it hoping to guess what it was.

I glanced at dad to see him gripping the edges of his seat. Well he seems impatient.

I hid my smirk behind my hand and started to slowly peeling the tape back.

In the corner of my eye I could see Sasuke's faced twitching.

Even dad's eye was twitching.

"GET TO IT!" I looked at Sasuke in shock. I half expected dad to be the one who would burst. Noticing everyone staring at him Sasuke turned away to hide his embarrassed blush.

I shrugged, "Alright, hold your horses."

"Horses? We don't own any horses." I giggled awkwardly at my mom's question. I keep forgetting this place is way behind in their technology and English idioms.

I carefully ignored her and began pulling off the paper. Seeing a plain white box I ripped the sealing opening.

I gaped at what I saw.

A silver bracelet with four charms hanging off them. 

"The yellow flower to represent delicacy, a black kunai to represent loyalty ninja, the leaf symbol as well of course Konoha," Dad scratched his cheek and gave an awkward chuckle, "And the heart is friendship and love."

I smiled and held my wrist out as dad clipped it on.

"Thank you,daddy." He gave me a soft smile and kissed the back of my hand.

"You're welcome, precious." 

The moment was soon gone when he clasped his hands together and squealed. I rolled my eyes, way to ruin the moment.

"Who's next?" I look to see that Sasuke shyly handed me a bag with green paper to hide the gift.

I pull the paper out and take out a leather necklace with a green stone hanging on the end.

"Wow! Thanks, Sasuke!"

He smiled, "I thought it was pretty and it reminded me of your eyes so Kaasan helped me buy it."

"I love it." I thanked him once again and slid it over my head, it was a little big but I'm sure when I'm older it would fit better.

I took a bite out of my forgotten pie and continued on with the unwrapping. I ended up with a sketchbook from mom which she jokingly said that she didn't want me drawing on my bedroom walls again. Mikoto-san gave me a beautiful blue yukata with green vines designed on them.

~~~~~

I folded my yukata and set it gently in one of my drawers. The necklace was on my desk with my sketchbook while I kept my bracelet on.

The party had ended a while ago. Sasuke and Mikoto-san left and my parents stayed downstairs to clean up. After washing up, I was relieved to lay down and go to sleep. My bed felt so soft and nice, too bad my sleep was cut short.

I just barely fell asleep when I woke up to the sound of my window creaking open. I didn't know what was the cause of the noise because I was facing away from it. I prayed for it to be just a tree branch or the wind but the shadow on the floor wiped out all suggestions. It was clearly a person crouched on the window sill and what looked like a sword was on their back. I stayed as still as possible, hoping they would think I'm asleep and leave.

"I know you're awake." I let out a shuddering breath at Itachi's voice. I quickly sit up and gave him a relieved look.

"I'm so glad it's you." He gave me an amused look. "I thought it was some creepy pedophile going to rape me in my sleep. But anyways, how'd you know I wasn't sleeping?"

His lips twitched into a half smile. "Your breathing changed."

How did he notice that? Was I breathing loudly, at least I don't think so. I looked at him weirdly, "Hmm. Why're you here?"

Itachi hopped down from the window and settled onto my bed. He unstrapped his sword and set it down. He pulled a little square box from his pouch that was attached to his hip.

"Happy Birthday." He grabbed my hand and placed the box into my palm. 

"I got it from a village while on a mission." I smiled and opened the box to see a four leaf clover encased in an oval resin. Back home I've seen a lot of these, but they're usually bugs and not clovers.

I swiped my finger over the smooth surface and studied the clover.

"It's a good luck charm. I'm sure it would come to use for you." I smiled at Itachi and hugged him. He sat shocked for a second but wrapped his arms around me and gave me a gentle squeeze.

"Thank you."I whispered.

He stayed silent but didn't let go.

~~~~~

Got some Itachi loving going on.