Chapter 13(Back to the Battle Front We Go)

Earlier....

The Avengers heard someone pounding down the stairs and then the door to the stairway burst open revealing an angry, yet intimidating, blond girl.

************************

Now.....

Tony smirked looking at the girl. All she held was a dagger and a tranquilizer gun. "You may have broken in by yourself, but you can't expect to beat the Avengers on your own." He said smirking.

The girl only smirked seeming in that moment like she was the one that held was in control not the Avengers. "I didn't come alone," she said.

And then like in a dramatic movie the elevator opened behind her and several more kids stepped out. There were five of them beside the blond girl. There were three girls beside the blond one. One held a bow, one what appeared to be an electrified spear, and the third had a sword. Then there were two boys. One had a tool belt around his waist and a hammer in his hand, the second had a bow.

"What happened?" asked Tony mockingly, "what daycare did you run away from?"

The leader, the blond girl, only rolled her eyes. "Just give us back Percy and we'll leave peacefully. No one has to get hurt."

Clint chuckled, "That's right, we don't want any of you to get hurt so why not just turn yourselves in now."

Thor squealed. "Oh my Odin! It's the heroes of tales! I am greatly honored to meet you, oh great heroes!!" The Avengers glared at him questioningly. He shrunk back. "Forgive me friends but can you not see the great heroes before you?"

"Thor" Annabeth said glaring at him. "The oath?"

"Oh yes! The oath I made with the dem..."

"Thor!" Annabeth yelled.

"Forgive me, I shall now be silent." He said backing into a corner.

"Aren't you going to help us fight?!" Tony said having called the Iron Man suit to himself.

"I shall not fight these people." He said. Tony rolled his eyes knowing it was useless to argue with him.

" Enough!" Natasha said glaring at everyone. "Avengers attack!" she yelled charging forward.

Steve ran forward grumbling, "that was my line...." He pouted.

Natasha began fighting Annabeth. Annabeth had had to abandon the tranquilizer gun because Natasha was too close to use it. Currently they were both fighting with daggers. Natasha would be lying if she said she wasn't surprised at the girls skill and looking around at the rest of her teammates fighting these intruders she had to wonder if these kids were child soldiers. If they were she was determined to help them. But first they had to be captured.

Steve charged forward but before he was halfway there he was slammed into the wall. He looked around but couldn't see anyone nearby. When he tried to pull away he realized his shield wouldn't budge from the wall. He noticed Tony was in a similar predicament having had his suit slam him into the ceiling. He was also having troubles ungluing himself. Steve looked around as he got his arm free of the shield trying to find who was doing this. There. The African American girl with the sword at her waist had her hands out and a concentrated look on her face. Having freed his arm he charged at her. She gasped losing her concentration as she reached for her sword.

Clint saw Tony falling from the ceiling and thought about all the ways he could use that as blackmail. He was currently firing arrows at the group while dodging arrows from the girl archer. Neither of them were getting anywhere she would normally shoot his arrows out of the air and then he'd be forced to dodge one of her own arrows.