Chapter 6 (Cookies and Coffee with a Man Out of Time)

Percy pov

School was torturous as usual. At least I didn't have any homework. At least I think I didn't. Oh well. Annabeth would remind me of anything I'd forgotten. After yelling at me of course. I walking into my house. "Mom, I'm home."

"Hey sweetie, how was your day?"

"Monster free so far."

"Don't jinx it" she said teasingly.

"Annabeth is coming over later. "

"Alright, I'm almost done making cookies."

"Are they blue?" I asked.

"No, I decided to try something different today. They're purple." I scowled. "Just kidding." She said laughing. "Of course they're blue. I wouldn't have them any other way."

"Mom," I said with a stern expression, "you do not joke about cookies."

"Understood," she said with an equally stern expression nodding but soon started laughing and I couldn't help but to start laughing as well.

"Can I help?"

"No siree, you are banned from my kitchen until Annabeth gets a pet spider."

"Mom," I said complaining, "I set the kitchen on fire one time, just one time"
She raised an eyebrow "aren't you forgetting about the ravioli incident?"

"How was I supposed to know you don't put cans in the microwave!"

"What about the mac'n'cheese incident?"

"No one told me you had to boil the noodles, I thought the water was for the cheese sauce. And who knew that noodles could catch on fire!"

"What about..."

"Alright, alright, I get it. No kitchen privileges until Annabeth gets a...... WAIT A SECOND! She'll never get a pet spider!!!"

"Exactly." She smirked walking back into the kitchen.

*********the time skip*************of all time skips***************bow before my lineliness****************

The cookies were cooling when there was a knock at the door. "I'll get it" mom called. When she left the kitchen I used all my demigod skills to sneak into the kitchen. Just as I was about to grab a cookie my called from the front room. "Honey, I think it's for you." She said uncertainly. I headed to the door taking riptide out of my pocket but keeping it in pen form. The person at the door did not appear like a monster but they were crafty little buggers.

"Yeah?" I said very intelligibly. Annabeth would probably disagree.

"Hello, I'm Steve." He said reaching his hand out to shake.

I raised an eyebrow looking at his outfit which totally did not give away who he was. "Sooo, what do you need, Captain America?"

He dropped his hand "I came here to speak.."

"Hey would you like a cookie, they're fresh out of the oven." I said heading to the kitchen where my mom had gone when I came to the door. "I assure you that they will be the best cookies you have ever eaten." He stood there for a while opening and closing his mouth looking like a fish. I would know, seeing as I talk to them all the time. I've gotten some weird looks from pet store employees. "We also have coffee. Wait. Do you know what coffee is? Was that even around before you were frozen? Hey, when are you from again? I have a friend who I am sure would love to meet you." I said snickering thinking of Nico.

What were we talking about again? Oh right. The amazingness that is my mom's blue chocolate chip cookies and how the poor Captain America might not know about coffee. Poor deprived soul. Coffee is the blood source to the average human being, especially demigods. But for some reason Annabeth doesn't let any of us near coffee, something about the caffeine affecting us. I think I remember her mumbling something about capture the flag with hyper campers ending in disaster. Wait a second. I was rambling again. Stupid ADHD.