Chapter 8(The Gathering)

Percy pov

Annabeth and I were talking in my room, I had cleaned up Mr. Panda's remains, we were busy trying to contact our friends from camp. We divided a list of campers between the two of us.

We had already confirmed that Jason, Piper, Hazel, Frank, Leo, and Nico were coming. Calypso had refused saying there had to be someone to rescue us if things went wrong. When we each finished we met back up in my room. I started.

"Clarisse is coming. When I asked she said that she would love a chance to 'beat up mortal scum' as she put it. The Stolls wanted to come but are currently under camp arrest by orders of Chiron."

"Why is that?" asked Annabeth.

"They let spiders go in the Athena cabin" I said, Annabeth paled. "OH, and Thalia said she'd try to come but it depended on whether the Hunters were in the area."

"I hope she can come" Annabeth said.

"Yeah me too. What were your results?"

"Well Tyson can't come because he's helping your dad with some palace business or something."

"What about Grover?" I asked. It had been awhile since we had talked with everything going on.

Annabeth winced. "He said he would love to but he was busy with a nymph strike."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What do you mean a 'nymph strike'?"

"Apparently they aren't letting anyone near the trees or the water."

I shivered. Angry nymphs could be scary. "What are they protesting this time?"

"No one knows. Apparently they forgot to mention that so Grover is having a really hard time trying to pacify them."

I snorted. That sounded just like nymphs. Getting so caught up in an issue and then forgetting to tell others why they are angry. "We really need to find a time to get the original trio together, it's been too long since we've met up."

"Ya, maybe after this fiasco is over." Annabeth said. I snorted. We were demigods, we would always be in the middle of one problem or another.

"So," I said. "we get the gang together tomorrow and have a little fun fighting the mortals."

*******why didn't the skeleton cross the road?************************************************he didn't have the guts!*******************

Next day

Avengers pov

"Remind me again why they can't just send SHEILD agents?" Tony asked.

"Because the subject has already shown to be able to defeat common agents." Natasha said.

"In other words, because we've been ordered to" said Clint. Natasha glared at him.

"Come on let's get going. We need to find a good area to stake out and make sure the public stays away from the fight." Steve said.

Clint snorted, "If there is a fight that lasts longer than a couple second. He'll probably give himself up the moment he sees that all the Avengers are after him."

"Do not underestimate him, he has defeated many more powerful than you." Thor said. "I will go but I will not help you bring down Perseus." He chuckled. "Not that you could."

Natasha narrowed her eyes "Thor, who is he."

"A person who only wants to be left alone. But unfortunately never will." He whispered the last part.

"Alright, enough talk, Avengers head out." Steve called. "Bruce, I want you to wait in the van in case we need back up."

"Got it."

"Let's go."

I know it's short and practically nothing happens.  I've been busy, but I wanted to give you readers something.  The next chapter should have some action.  I'll try to get it out next week, but not promises.

please comment and vote
it'll make the nymphs happy