Chapter 10(A disappearing act)

Percy pov

As the guns exploded with bullets I willed the water behind me to rise and cover us acting as a shield. I jerked away from Annabeth. I saw her eyes widen before she began to fade into the shadows with everyone else. I relaxed knowing that they were safe and that I had made the right decision. If I hadn't stayed back and used my powers they would not have faded in time.

The gun fire seemed to go on forever but was probably on a few seconds. The water in front of prevented the bullets from reaching me. I could hear murmuring (I misspelled murmuring and it auto corrected to murdering. Hehehe) on the other side of my water shield. Using what I hoped was them being distracted. I began to back away toward the body of water so that I could make my escape.

Sadly they weren't as distracted as I had hoped and another wave of bullets forced me to stop so that I could concentrate on maintaining my water shield.

"Perseus Jackson, you and your comrades are under arrest. Come out now before we are forced to take more drastic measures." I didn't move. Bullets flew at the shield again. I couldn't keep this up forever. If they kept firing I would eventually run out of strength and my shield would collapse leaving me vulnerable. The gunfire stopped and was followed by one shot. I should have been more worried.

A dart shot through the water hitting me in the leg. I don't know how they were able to aim so accurately since they didn't seem to be able to see through the water because they though my friends were still here. I wonder if it had some kind of heat seeking device? How did it get through the water anyway?

I started to feel dizzy. Curse you, ADHD for distracting me!!!

I forced myself to concentrate and started heading to the water again. Another dart flew through my shield hitting my arm. My shield started wavering. I wasn't going to make it. I was reminded of my battle with Luke on the ship. Knowing I wasn't going to make it to the water on time. This time though, there were no Party Ponies to rescue me.

My head was spinning and in a last effort I let the shield drop and dove toward the water. I didn't make it.

******invisible line break******I can't see you so you can't see me*****logic***

Avenger pov.

"Fury no!" Steve shouted. Watching horrified as the agents prepared to fire. Thor tried to get through but wasn't quick enough. The agents fired.

Tony gasped expecting to see the teens crumble under the gunfire but instead something bizarre happened. Water surrounded them preventing the bullets from reaching them.

Natasha, though relived that the teens had not died, narrowed her eyes in suspicion. Which one of them was powerful enough to bend water to their will? Was it Perseus? She stopped her analyzing when she heard Thor. He was jumping up and down and cheering.

"YESSS! Go Percy!" he stopped when he noticed me glaring at him. He grinned sheepishly. How did Thor know the target?

The bullets went on for a while but the teens didn't give themselves up. Bruce, now unHulkified, saw Fury nod to one of his agents who readied a different looking gun. Bruce recognized it as a tranquilizer gun equipped with heat tracking. The man fired into the bubble of water. After a while he fired again. The wall of water wavered. Shimmering. The person seemed to be struggling to fight against the tranquilizer's effects.

Suddenly the wall of water dropped leaving Perseus exposed. Where were the other teens? There was no time to wonder this as they saw Perseus making a wild dash, though quite a bit sluggish, towards the water. Before he could make it Clint fired an arrow at him which expanded into a net. Trapping him mere feet from the water's edge.

They approached cautiously. Though there was no need to. The figure was hardly moving. As we approached he turned to us. His mouth opened but no words came out before his eyes rolled back into his head and he slumped onto the grass.

*********

Annabeth pov.

Annabeth screamed as they materialized back at camp. She turned on Nico. "We need to go back for Percy."

"We can't. I don't have enough strength left. I barely had enough to get us all here." Annabeth knew he was right. His words were slightly slurred and he was swaying with exhaustion. She would send him to med bay but not before she got her answers.

"He planned this didn't he?" Nico nodded. "Why did you let him do it!" she practically screamed.

"He said it was the only way."

"Of course he did, you didn't have to believe him."

Nico shook his head. "It really was the only way. I wouldn't have had time to shadow travel everyone out of there before they started shooting. Percy was able to buy me enough time to fully dematerialize and shadow travel us out."

Annabeth clenched her teeth. She knew he was right. But why did Percy always have to be the one to sacrifice himself. Nico was almost on the verge of collapsing. She sighed. "Leo, take Nico to the infirmary. Get Will. He'll know what to do."

Nico shook his head furiously. "NO! he'll have me stay there for weeks!" Annabeth smirked. Nico glared at her as Leo had to practically drag him to the infirmary. Partly because he was resisting but mostly because he could hardly stand.

"Alright," Annabeth turned to everyone else. "we need to come up with a plan to rescues Percy. To the Big House!"

There you go

Another chapter brought to you by

Percy: THE INCREDIBLE PERCY JACKSON!!!!!!!

Me: go away Percy your supposed to be unconscious

Percy pouting: but that's boring. Look, now my whale is sad (-_-,)< see it's crying

Me:...........

Me: quietly takes out big Harley Quin hammer and smacks Percy with it successfully rendering him unconscious

Me: Well then, like I was saying, I hoped you enjoyed this chapter please vote and comment

Percy whispering: it'll make the whales happy

Me: takes out hammer again

It may take me a bit longer to update the next chapter because I have finals coming up and I need to focus on studying

If you liked the chapter please vote

As always your comments are greatly appreciated

Sayonara peoples!