CHAPTER XIII

CHAPTER XIII
The walk to our homes was very silent.

Bowsette's words bore a hard harshness in her recent speech towards Princess Peach, but none among us found something to counter say. Not even her best friend Daisy. I hated seeing our princess's depressed face, yet... I could not find any fault in the Koopa princess and her saying.

I had to admit it. There was wisdom in what she had said.

Master Mario assured Princess Peach to not pay too much attention to her words and that she did not mean any harm. She nodded and replied to him that she was okay, but her weakened smile was far from being convincing.

We all went our separate ways, trying to focus at least onto the beautiful memories along with the gleeful side of Bowsette that the fair offered us.

...

Master Mario sat on his couch, his mind lost onto Bowsette's words. More precisely, he was still holding in mind the confession of love made tonight. His heart kept bursting on every time he recalled the moment. That kept him from going to bed.

"Can't-a sleep, huh?" Luigi came to sit by his side.

"After what she said, I'd be surprised if I did..."

"So... you and Bowsette, eh? Who would have thought!"

"Yeah... I just wished Peach didn't have to get slapped like that."

"Indeed," Luigi said, "but if we're being frank, I think this was the first time that Bowsette was this honest in her entire life. And... she was quite right on everything. I mean, I love-a Peach like a sister. We all love her. And I don't think for a second that she meant to hurt you, ever."

"I know."

"But... someone finally said what some didn't have the courage to. And who better than a person who fell in love with you."

Luigi's last words made him blushed. "She really opened her heart out."

"Speaking of that," he said with a sly tone, "how-a do you feel about this? I know your heart must be bursting with joy, eh?"

"Ah, come on, bro!" Mario tried denying it, but his content and joyful face did very little in hiding his happiness.

"But seriously," Luigi continued, "after getting to know her, seeing you enjoy her company, I can see why you gave her a chance. And she's really worth it."

"Thanks Luigi, it means a lot."

"No problemo, bro!" Mario's younger brother nodded, smiling. "So, can I consider you two to be an item starting tomorrow?"

"Let's-a not be hasty here. We'll have to talk about this first. I could feel a lot of lack of self-esteem in what she said to Peach. Maybe she won't think she deserve to be happy like that."

"Then it will be okay," Luigi said. "They don't call-a you Super Mario for nothing. I believe you can convince her that it will be okay and it will work out fine between the two of you."

Master Mario smiled to these words. He was known to be a confident figure among those who knew his name. If he could save a princess countless times, he sure could pull this off, despite the latter challenge seeming much more difficult. After all, a woman's heart was not something easily understandable.

A loud knock resonated repeatedly from the door. The noise made Luigi jumped a few meters from the ground and hit his head on the ceiling. The pain felt like a Bob-Bomb had exploded from the inside of his skull. Luckily, he would survive.

"Mario, Luigi!!" A grave, but desperate voice called as it knocked the door again. "Please, open up!!"

Mario and Luigi recognized the voice filled with hopelessness.