CHAPTER IX

CHAPTER IX
Master Mario and Princess Bowsette went to the castle's kitchen. Its size was as wide and large as an entire restaurant.

She was not used to cook for herself. She had always depended on her servants for that. But Mario convinced her to it, implying the fun behind such activity.

There were many misfires in her learning of the process of pizza-making. She had almost wanted to burn the entire kitchen down. Luckily, Mario did not give up on her and kept on encouraging and teaching her well.

Finally, the extra-large-sized pizza dressed of many flavors was accomplished as they carried it back to her chamber.

"OH MY GOODNESS!!" The Koopa Princess shouted with bliss. Her first bite into a pizza was truthfully a beautiful experience. Her face dressed in a happiness that she never known before.

"It's-a good, right?" Mario also had a slice in hand.

"Good? No, no, no! That's... MARVELOUS!! And you get to eat that every freaking day? That's so unfair!"

"Hey, I'm here for a while! We can cook up a pizza anytime you-a want!"

"Don't tempt me, Mario!" she said with a mouth full. "I might give up on Princess Peach and chase you forever now!"

Mario laughed at the comment as she joined in. Never once these two ever expected to get along so well considering their history. And here they were; laughing while sharing a delicious meal. Mario's image of Bowsette as the princess of evil changed for the better. He enjoyed this evening so much that he thought of her to be misunderstood for a very long time. She had invaded the Mushroom Kingdom countless times, but perhaps she didn't know any better. From his perspective, this could be the birth of something new. For once, he did not need to fight her; he could just befriend her. As for now, this opportunity was going well.

...

"Well, that filled me up!" Bowsette patted her stomach. The delicacy of pizza completed its mission of satisfying her hunger, along with Mario's.

"Same-a for me!" Mario said. "Though I wouldn't mind going for seconds, I'm starting to feel sleepy."

"Yeah." Bowsette looked at the clock on her dresser. "Wow! Almost 1h00am! Yeah, I'm calling it a day."

"Good idea." He agreed with her. "Is there a bathroom I can use to change?"

She pointed to the left while yawning. "In the closet, down its hall."

"Wait, your bathroom is in your closet?"

"See for yourself."

He shrugged. He opened his luggage and picked his pyjama wear along with his toothbrush. As he opened the wardrobe, he found a hall that led to another closed door. The walls were decorated with drawers, compartments and hangers of fashionable clothing of all kinds. Urban style, gothic, royal-like, casual, Bowsette's clothing and shoe wear catalog had it all. Mario was impressed; at the facts it was grandiose and that he had only seen her wear the usual black dress after all these years of confrontation.

Mario whistled. "Mamma Mia! That's your wardrobe?"

Bowsette joined him. "Yeah, it's something, I guess."

"No, that's not just something! That's-a a freaking house! And all the years that I've known you, I've only seen you wearing your usual black dress while you had all this!"

"I can't exactly strike terror with a short skirt and a plain t-shirt, can I?"

"Point made." He nodded.