Huntress

**Audry’s POV**

Peter’s parents drove us all the way out to the edge of the woods. We all filed out of the car, Peter held my hand, it felt right... don’t judge me on how cliché this sounds but, our hands fit perfectly as if the were meant to. But Peter soon let go so he could help Mr. Hale with all of the equipment.

I stood there waiting for Peter to come back, but Mrs. Hale tapped me on my shoulder, “Hun can you give me a hand with these boxes?” She asked.

“Of course.” We walked to the back of the car and pulled out two boxes, I let Mrs. Hale lead the way and I walked beside her.

“So Peter tells me that you take martial arts and taekwondo.” She exclaimed.

“Yes, my parents started me out with martial arts when I was five, and  I started taekwondo as a sophomore. I guess just to self defense you could say.”

“Well that is good to know, at least I don’t have to teach you the basics. But...” She placed the box down next to the area where the group was setting up. “You still have much to learn, in order to become a huntress.”

“Huntress?” I questioned as I placed my box on top of hers.

“Technically a Hunter. We are a group of humans that follow a code for hunting down werewolves.”

“And what is this code?”

“We hunt those who hunt us.” She replies. I was still confused and I guess she saw the look on my face that expressed my confusion, “In simpler terms, we hunt and kill werewolves that hurt or harm humans.”

“Even if they are children?”

“Well normally we do not hunt young werewolves. And in order to hunt them down we would need evidence.” She turned around and started walking back to the car.

I ran to catch up with her and found myself more questions, “So does every hunter follow this code? And were... are you a hunter? And from your group of hunters, did you follow the code?”

“Most do, but there are some that do not. Yes and no,” I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion,“Yes I am still a hunter. And no. The group of hunters that I was raised in, they didn’t follow the code. So there was endless nights of tracking, hunts, kills, slaughters.” She put her hands in her pockets and held her hand low. “But on one hunt, close to the full moon, I went out to track on my own. I ended up getting attacked by a werewolf.”

“Really who?” She gave me a smile and put her arm over my shoulder and pulled me close to her.

“Well his name was Michael.”Aww! It was Mr. Hale!  “And at the time he was a beta. I had gotten hurt from when he attacked me, so he took me back to his house and helped me.” I was going to say something when she continued, “After that night I found myself going back to his home and getting to know werewolves and how they live. And I also found myself falling in love with one.”