State of Shock

**Audry’s POV**

First of all let me just say, the only thing that was going through my mind at that point was, ‘Holy shit, Peter is a werewolf!”. Second that night after we left the vigil, I went home. I tried talking to Adam about how I felt, but he just didn’t get it. So I wanted to talk to someone who would, Peter. But maybe that was a mistake and after seeing Peter like... like he was. I couldn’t stay I needed to leave.

So I rushed to my car, as it began to rain and drove home. As soon as I arrived I ran up to my room, I slammed the door shut, and locked it. I ran and hopped on my bed. I grabbed a pillow, and gripped onto it as tight as I could. For about a good fifteen minutes I just sat there, trying to process what happened and if it was even real. I started wondering if he was the reason that Hannah died.

Came back down to earth when my phone started buzzing, I reached in my pocket to look at it, and it was from Garrett. I ignored it and went back into my state of shock. Just then a noise came from my window, it was like tapping. I didn’t think anything of it, but the sounds continued. Finally I went over to the window slowly, and removed the curtains in front of it. Outside of my window looking at me was Peter drenched from the downpour. After I screamed he put his finger over his mouth, telling me to be quite.

“Audry, honey are you alright?” My mom yelled.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I responded, Peter signaled me to open up the window. I hesitated but I eventually opened them up. I backed away and he slipped through.

“Thanks, it was getting cold out th-”

“Yeah, no problem.” I cut him off. “I’ll go get you a towel, and some new clothes.” I opened my door, went to the bathroom grabbed a towel, and in three minutes I came back to my room with one of my older brother’s t-shirts and sweat pants. Peter was sitting in my chair that was in the corner of the room. “Here.” I shoved the clothes and towel at him and sat down on my bed.

“Audry, let me explain? Please.”

“Okay, can you explain the how you have fangs and claws? Or maybe how you killed an innocent girl?” He lowered his head to confirm that he did it. “Let’s not forget how you were about to hurt Garrett at your house. Please explain it to me.”

“What do you want me to say?” Peter inquired.

“Tell me what the hell is going on! And I want the truth!” I demanded.

“If I tell you, you won’t believe me...” He mumbled

“Try me.” I snapped back at him.

“Fine, I’m a werewolf! It’s a family trait, and yes I did kill Hannah! But by mistake! I almost killed my best friend because I let my anger get the best of me!” I could tell I pushed him too far. He yelled at me he started to approach me, “Do you think I like being a monster!? Not being able to control what is happening to me.”

“I-I...” I uttered. He grabbed my wrists, pulled me towards him and constricted my movement.

“No! It fucking scares me! Knowing that I could hurt someone when I black out.” He roared, “I’m sorry Audry, I’m sorry I am such a monster.” his grip began to get tighter and tighter

“Peter you’re hurting me.” I exclaimed, he looked down at his hands and let go. His heated eyes instantly changed, appearing softer and compassionate.

“I’m sorry.” He looked down at the floor and backed away from me, “Are you okay?”

“Yeah. It’s fine.” averting my eyes and proceeding to ask Peter another question, “Why didn’t you tell me?”