The Dream

-Peter’s POV-

Where do we all come from? Along the line of peasants and slaves . A big, rich, Italian, mafia-type family. Or are you like most people. Most people. They fall into the category of the common family. Just normal with nothing ever happening, a stagnant life. But... what if that all could change? That’s what I always hoped for. My life was like most normal peoples, until my sixteenth birthday.

My story begins the night before my sixteenth birthday, it was like every other night, normal, everything seemed the same .My mom was cooking dinner, my dad was in the garage, cleaning his tools, grandpa was sitting in front of the T.V., yelling at the Kardashians about how sexy and stupid they are. While my brother beat the crap out of me and I sat there and took the beating.

“Take that you little piece of shit!” He said as he kicked me

" Come on Chase leave me the hell alone." I begged.

"Hey Peter, this is for taking my shirt!" as he punched me in the stomach and I fell to the ground. "and this is form my game controller! " then continuously kicking me.

“What are you talking about, you gave me this shirt, and you left your controller at your friend’s house” I quickly replied before the next blow came.

He stopped and remembered and said, “Ohhh. Well then consider this your birthday ass whooping!” Then kicked me one last time and walked away.

After all that interesting conflict, the night continued as normal, my mom served dinner, we ate, cleaned up and went back into out “holes” in the house. That night, after getting the shit kicked out of me I was tired, so I headed to bed.

I guess I  was really tired because i was out cold. That night I had the strangest dream imaginable. But it felt so real! I was awake,  and my room was a crimson read. I went towards the window, opened it, and jumped out.

I landed on the ground, on all fours, and then I took off in a sprint. I was going so fast, jumping so high! I felt so alive, invincible, like nothing could stop me. Then everything went black .When I was able to see again I looked to my right and saw a bloody, teenage girl’s body next to me. I looked at my hands, but they had claws, and they were covered in hair. They were dripping with blood.

Then in the distance I can hear people coming. So I freaked out and ran. I was in a deep forest but somehow I used my smelling sense to guide me home.

When I found my house I was relieved. But I was still confused with all that just happened. There was a puddle of water next to our neighbor’s house so I moved towards it, and anticipated to see my reflection but instead, there was the reflection of a wolf-like face, with eyes bluer than the sea. Then everything went black again.