Too Late

**Chase’s POV**

Ring, ring

“Hello” I say into my cell phone.

“Where are you? We have a job for you.” the man said on the other line.

“I have classes, I will come by when I am in lunch.” I said to assure the man.

“Fine, be on time.” he said. I hung up the phone and got ready for school, I walked downstairs and into the kitchen.

I found my mom standing up drinking her coffee and reading a magazine, while my dad was sitting and reading the paper. They looked up as I walked in, my mom said, “ Hurry hun you don’t want to be late for school.”

“Yeah yeah yeah” I replied back to her. I walked over to the fridge and pulled out my lunch and the milk and placed it on the kitchen island in the middle of the room. I walked over to the counter and grabbed a cereal box in my left hand, then I opened a cabinet door from above to pull down a bowl. As I reached to take out a bowl, excruciating pain rushed through my right shoulder. I dropped the cereal bowl and clutched my shoulder.

My mom turned around and said aloud, “Michael!” my dad then dropped his paper and rushed over to where I was. My mother asked, “ What happened?”

I didn’t want to admit being beat by my younger brother so I responded, “ Nothing, I probably just slept on it or something.”

My parents glared at me in unison searching for the answer that they wanted to know. I finally said, “ It was Peter, we had a fight and he...” I stopped and looked up in embarrassment, “You know the rest of the story.”

My parents glance at each other and then turned their attention back to me and my dad said to my mom, “He has his powers doesn’t he?”

“Definitely, let’s just hope he hasn’t hurt anyone yet.” My mother said with a concerned look on her face

I glanced over at the paper my father set down on the table and said,”I think were too late.” I picked up the paper and pointed to the article that read,

LOCAL GIRL KILLED BY WOLF ATTACK