What Is Real?

Author’s Note:

Hello people’s of Earth... Um just wanted to give you a heads up there are like so many things going on in this one chapter so I am a little excited, and maybe a bit nervous to see how it comes out. Oh and heads up I will be skipping around a couple of days. Thanks for still reading the last chapter even though I didn’t really post anything. But anyways I wanted to also give you a heads up that um this is another dedication chapter to a girl who recently lost her life to cancer... Um in her honor please give this a star, or at least comment. Oh and  I will be skipping around a couple of days in the story. Thanks and hope you enjoy.

-Minnie2898 B-)

**Peter’s POV**

“We’re what!” I shouted.

“Peter, please!” my mom begged.

“No,” I stood up and ran outside, I kept running until I reached the park. I ran underneath a tree. I climbed until I reached the top, I sat there for an hour, just looking down, gazing at the lights glowing around the town.

Just then I heard, “Peter! Peter, I know you’re here man!” I was Garrett. As kids Garret and I always came here after school, we’d climb the tree and hang upside down off of the tree limbs. It was the only place my parents wouldn’t check to find me whenever I was upset or just needed to get away. It was our secret hideout.

“Peter, Peter!” Garrett shouted once again. I didn’t even think when I jumped from the top of the tree onto the soft grass. Garrett turned around and uttered, “Woah!”

“Sorry,” I said as I rubbed my head. “What are you doing here?” I inquired.

“Apparently after you left your house, your mom was worried. So she called Audry and I told her I didn’t know where you were.”

I know he lied for me, “Look when I blacked out at the party earlier...and I... I didn’t...”

“It’s all good man. I mean I needed my pancreas to switch places with my stomach.” He replied, we laughed.

I stood underneath the tree, I know that Garrett was my best friend, and that he would keep this secret for me, no doubt about it. “What did they tell you when you got home?” He stood next me.

I let out a huge sigh, “They told me that I-I’m a werewolf.”

“I sorta found that out...” Garrett as he rolled his eyes.

“And the reasons why I had trouble with my eyes and hearing was because I was changing.” he didn’t say anything, he just nodded. “And another thing is that my family has come from a long line of werewolves.”

“Woah, awesome! I mean weird, but awesome!”

“I don’t think it’s real.”

“What do you mean?”

I kicked a rock that was laying on the ground, “ I just think that everything that happened was real. Or I hope it isn’t at least.”

“Look man, I saw you change. Trust me when I say, ‘It’s real.’ ” Garrett said.

“I know, but I don’t want it to be.”

“Why not? Every girl in school loves werewolves.” I looked behind me to see he was leaning against the tree when I shot him a glare, “I mean you can’t tell them but...” We laughed, “Can we go home now?” he asked.

“Yeah. We walked all the way home and talked about the positive and negatives about being a werewolf. All the amazing things I could do, like running faster, and having greater strength. I told him about how I beat Chase that morning Garrett and I hysterically laughed through it all. When we finally reached my house I waved to him goodbye and re-entered the house.