𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

The sun had fallen and the moon took its place

The sun had fallen and the moon took its place. Mara walked down the boardwalk like she did every night and glanced at all the things people were selling.

When she came upon a small table will a bunch of necklaces laid out. She stopped and ran her fingers over a few of them. Until her eyes caught sight of a choker, with a red stone wrapped in wire. Her hand hovered over it, hesitating.

Then suddenly two arms came from behind Mara and around her waist, lightly pulling her back a bit. "Do you want it?" From the sound of this voice, Mara knew it was her boyfriend, Paul.

She could feel his chin resting on her shoulder also looking down at the necklace in her hand. "Yeah."

"Then it's yours." He whispered in her ear. His hands covered Mara's to take the piece of jewelry from her. She realized what he was going to do and pulled her hair back for him to latch the necklace on. When it was done, he reached into his pocket and threw some money at the man sitting behind the table, then started walking away with Mara under his arm.

"So, where are the boys?" She asked while playing with her new necklace.

"Around. We were bugging Max, until we got kicked out, like always." He let his hand hang in front of her, in hopes she'd take it with her own. When she did he continued talking, "I left them when I caught a whiff of you." He turned his head towards her and kissed her neck.

Mara couldn't help the smile on her face. She knew what Paul was, and she loved him anyway. He has asked her multiple time to become what he is, but she always answered with, I need time. It's not that she didn't want to, she just need to think about what she was going to have to give up.

But today was different, Mara felt like if she didn't decide now, it'd be too late. "Paul?"

"Yeah?"

"I wanna do it. Tonight."

Paul's breath caught in his throat, "Tonight?" She looked up at him and gave him a smiling nod. His excitement reached it's peak, and he picked Mara up off her feet and spun her around. "I love you so much."