Chapter 19 - Back

3rd Person P.O.V.

After the blinding light disappeared, our heroes (plus Dawn) headed back to the contest, where their friends were awaiting them. They struggled to go against the strong wind - but eventually they arrived, with people freaking out and wondering what happened.

"Guys! We're back!" Ash announced.

"No way!" Misty sarcastically commented.

"W-What happened? Where did you guys go? Why were we asleep?" A shaken-up voice trembled.

"Anyway,"Dawn started, "Giovanni, leader of Team Rocket, stole Manaphy and I saved it!" She smirked.

"Really Dawn?! Wow!" "You're our hero!" Were the comments Dawn got for her lie.

"Ha! Liar!" Lillie said.

"How would you know if I'm lying or not?" Dawn challenged, "You we're asleep!"

"I can tell by your face! Why aren't you holding Manaphy then? Why aren't the people who were with you, worshipping you?!" Dawn blushed. She eventually just walked away, head hung low, to join her gang.

"So...this is what happened..." Ash told them all about Areceus, Giovanni's plan and the battle. Everyone listened intently: just like kindergartners listening to a Fairy Tale.

"We'll have to postpone the battles and contests til tomorrow," Ash announced, "Why don't all of you spend the day at Aina's Kitchen and Aloha Café? They have the best food in the island!"

-Later with Ash's gang-

"How did he get us to sleep?" May wondered outloud.

"Well...that's what we need to find out..."

"How are we supposed to do that, Ketchum?" Paul asked.

"Wait..." Bonnie pondered, "the security cameras would've recorded everything. We just need to find a way to hack into it to find out."

"Leave that to me." Max stated. "Ash?"

"Alakazam, Teleport!" Ash tossed a Pokéball.

Max and Alakazam disappeared. They appeared a couple minutes later. Max held a security camera in his hand.

He typed on his laptop and frowned, "Its not working."

"Let me see," Clemont checked the laptop, "You've types in the wrong code... And there."

He turned the laptop for everyone to see.

They saw,in a contest beforehand, there was this grunt in disguise. They used sleep powder; not regular sleep powder, of course. They used it on the audience instead of Pokemon. But it only kicked in after their contest, otherwise it would be suspicious.

"What kind of idiotic security do they have here!?"

"Um... Clemont? It was you and Max that set up security on this island..." Trevor sweat dropped.

"What? I thought we rebooted everything." The blonde looked towards Max.

"We were supposed to, but with the preparations for the tournament..."

"Oh, right. We'll have to work on that right away, then."

"We'll see you guys tomorrow."

The pair waved goodbye to the rest of the gang and headed to their house on the hill rather than to the Pokémon center.

"What're we gonna do to pass the time?" Bonnie asked.

"We were thinking maybe we should visit Kiawe's family's farm and help them out," Aria spoke.

"That's a great idea! I could go for some moo-moo milk ice cream!" Bonnie giggles.

"You guys go ahead. I'm gonna drop by Aether Paradise," Ash said, bringing out Charizard.

"I'll go with Ash-boy," Gary replied.

"Oh, well. Your loss. Let's go guys," Mairin shrugged.

They released their ride Pokémon and took off in the direction of Akala island. While the 2 former rivals from a Kanto took off in the direction of Aether Paradise instead.