Chapter 17- Never Give Up Till It's Over!

I haven't watched Pokémon Sun and Moon, so I have no idea what Team Rainbow Rocket is capable of. I'm making things up as I go.

Note: It's been almost 2 years since I last watched Pokémon.

P.S. The video in the media is made by TheBlackLunatic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone cheered, excluding the traitors who were frozen in shock.

"H-how..." Johanna muttered.

"M-mana-phy?" May said, tears forming in her eyes.

"How did we not know this?" Dawn asked.

"We never watched any of this guy's battles. Heck, we didn't even know he was a champion." Brock stated.

"Manaphy..." May muttered again, she was about to cry. She wasn't paying attention to what her friends were talking about, she was too distracted by the sea prince on the stage.

Manaphy looked towards her, she put on a weak smile, but didn't get one in return. Manaphy sent a glare at her, something she wasn't expecting. At all. Shock was evident on her face, then she burst into tears. Manaphy turned away, he could care less about her former 'mama'. While Ash... he was trying not to laugh.

Drew was holding a crying May. He understood why Manaphy would act that way, but he didn't have to do it so rudely.

"Manaphy! Start us off with a-" Ash was cut off when he saw the announcer/host collapse on the floor, "What the-?". Then, the judges started snoozing. And the Audience followed. He ran backstage, to find that Aria, Mairin, Trevor, Shauna, Sawyer, Korrina, Lillie and Clemont asleep, with their friends supporting them. Ash looked around to see that some of the contestants were asleep too. "What in the name of Arceus is going on? Why is everyone falling asleep?"

"Not everyone. There are still some that are still awake." Serena said, pointing to 3 people holding onto what seemed to be their friends.

"The whole audience is gone. And there are only 12 of us still awake."

"13. I'm the only one in the audience who didn't fall into a deep slumber." A familiar bluenette appeared from the hallway, panting.

"Mana! Phy!" Manaphy got ready to attack her, even if this wasn't May, he could still practice.

"No, Manaphy. Not now." Ash ordered, making Manaphy pout and float back to Ash's side. But still stood (Or in this case, floated) on guard.

"Does any of you know what's happening?" Dawn asked.

"We might have an idea." Jessie, James and Meowth said.

"What is it?" Gary asked, gently laying Lillie down.

"Well, we're former members of Team Rocket, so we know what Giovanni has in his head." Jessie said. Dawn's jaw dropped.

"Team Rocket?!" She exclaimed in disbelief.

They turned to her with a blank expression.

"Yes. We are Jessie, James and Meowth. Former members of Team Rocket." James replied.

"B-but...h-you-What?!" Dawn exclaimed after looking back and forth between Ash's gang and the former Team Rocket members.

"We quit that dumb organization." Meowth said, then turned back towards Ash.

"Wait, what was that?" Ash whispered as they heard someone start talking. They all looked up. On the roof there was silhouettes of people inside a helicopter, going over a plan.