Chapter 12- Battling another one of them.

Thanks to SteelSkarmoryKate for the new cover! Thanks so much!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Serena's P.O.V.

I felt the morning rays of the sun shower my face, I slowly fluttered my eyes open. It really was a bright day. I guess the sun knows exactly how I feel: Happy. Today's my birthday! I can't wait to see what Ash and the others have planned for me!

I got up and stretched a little. I turned around to wake Ash up, but the bed was empty. 'Ash doesn't wake up this early. Maybe he has a battle.' I thought.

I did my morning routine: Brush my teeth, take a shower, dress, and brush my hair. I went to the kitchen, to get some breakfast, that's when I noticed the whole hotel room was free of people. 'They probably have a battle too. Although, why would they leave me all alone?' I thought, as I made myself some Kalosian toast. (A/N: *Nova* Yum! I'm talking about one of my favorite breakfasts when I'm fasting. *facepalms*) I made my way down towards the lobby, and went to the front desk, thankfully Nurse Joy was there.

"Good morning Nurse Joy!" I greeted.

"Oh, Good morning Serena. What can I do for you?" She asked, with her usual cheerful tone.

"I was wondering if you had seen Ash and the others?" I asked.

"Oh yes, they told me to inform you that they are at the stadium." Nurse Joy said.

"Oh. Thank you Nurse Joy." I bowed, and made my way towards the stadium.

When I reached the stadium, I checked the board if Ash or the others had any battles right now. Sure enough, Ash was battling Brock in the Manaphy Battlefield. The battle was just starting when I arrived. I took a seat next to Bonnie.

"Oh, 'morning sis! Sorry we didn't wait for you. Almost the whole gang had early morning battles." Bonnie explained.

"Good morning Bonnie. Well, that explains why I was the only one left in the hotel room." I said.

We focused our attention back to the battle.

"The battle between Sathoshi, the Pokémon Master, and Brock, the Pewter City gym leader in Kanto, is about to commence." The referee continued. "This is a 3 on 3 battle, with no time limit. The battle will be over when either side's Pokémon are unable to battle. Substitutions are allowed. Trainers, bring out you Pokémon!"

"Steelix! Time for a battle!"

"Pikachu, you're up buddy."

"Battle...BEGIN!"

"Steelix, stone edge!" Brock commanded first.

Rocks were charging at Pikachu. But Pikachu just stood there, with a bored expression. The rocks landed a direct hit on Pikachu, creating a cloud of dust. Brock smirked, knowing he had won this round. But when the dust cleared, Pikachu was no where to be seen.

"Now." Ash ordered calmly.

They saw Pikachu in the air with his tail glowing silver, some couldn't see him because they blinded by the sun. He landed a direct hit on Steelix, making Steelix stumble a few steps back.

"How can an iron tail be that strong?" Brock muttered.

Ash nodded towards Pikachu. Pikachu charged an electro ball, and did a backwards flip, then released it. Brock didn't have time to give a command, resulting in Pikachu landing a direct hit on Steelix. Dust kicked in, they heard a 'Thud', when the dust cleared...

"Steelix is unable to battle, Pikachu wins! Send out your next Pokémon!"

Brock returned Steelix with a 'Thank you'.

"Toxicroak! You're up!"

The poison-type frog appeared from the pokeball.

"Poison jab, Toxicroak!"

"Finish this with an electro ball!"

Pikachu's electro ball collided with Toxicroak's poison jab, creating a mini explosion. After the dust cleared...

"Toxicroak is unable to battle! Pikachu wins! Send out your next Pokémon!"

-Up in the stands-

"Just one move?" Trip asked, shocked.

"That guy really is strong." Norman said.

"He's not kidding around either." Johanna said.

"I wonder what Brock's gonna do now." Lola asked, worried.

-In the Battlefield-

Brock returned Toxicroak to it's Pokéball, with sweat on his forehead.

"How can an electro ball be so strong?" Bro has muttered.

"Are you gonna forfeit?" Ash asked.

"Of course not! Sudowoodo, battle ready!"

A tree-like Pokémon appeared on the battlefield, with a battle stance. But when he saw the opponent and it's trainer, he had a shocked face.

"So you figured it out huh, Sudowoodo?" Ash asked, smiling/smirking. Brock was confused.

"Figured out what?" He asked.

"I'm asking for the last time: Are you gonna forfeit?" Ash asked again, ignoring the opponent's question.

"No!" Brock answered firmly.

Ash shrugged. "As you wish." He gave his command, "Pikachu, thunderbolt."

"Sudowoodo! Dodge it!" Brock yelled desperately.

But Sudowoodo was too afraid to dodge, he was thinking of what Ash and Pikachu would do to him. Even though, he wasn't present at the Betrayal.

The thunderbolt striked Sudowoodo, leaving him paralyzed.

"Sudowoodo is unable to battle! Pikachu wins! Therefore, this match goes to Satoshi, the Pokémon Master!" The referee declared.

The crowd cheered so loud, you'd think that your ears would fall off any second.

Ash made his way to Sudowoodo, and knelt down.

"You didn't want it to happen, I know. But that was your trainer's choice. You have a chance now." Ash told Sudowoodo, with a reassuring smile. Sudowoodo gave a weak smile, and slowly got up. He walked towards Brock, took the Pokéball from his hand, and crushed it. The audience was beyond shocked.

"LOOK AT THAT FOLKS! SUDOWOODO JUST DESTROYED IT'S OWN POKÉBALL!" The announcer, Antony yelled.

Sudowoodo walked back to Ash.

"Su-do!" It said.

"Pika! Pi!" The 2 Pokémon embraced.

Ash took out a Pokéball. Sudowoodo pressed it's forehead on it, getting sucked in. With three shakes and a 'Ting', it was caught.

"What did you do?" Brock asked, enraged.

"What did I do? I didn't do anything. It's what you did that Sudowoodo made this decision." Ash said, walking away.

"You're gonna pay for taking away my Pokémon!" Brock yelled after him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And...done!

Sorry about the battle scene. I'm really bad at those. Anyway, the birthday will be next chapter! So stay tuned!

And, I'll be updating only once a week from now. My Mom's not letting me use Wattpad often now. She told me to delete it. Like I'll listen to her! Wattpad's part of my life. It's sort of like my family, and who let's go of their family, right?

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed reading!

See ya later, Starlights! 💫