Chapter Twenty-One

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

My alarm blaring on full blast wakes me up with my heart beating increasingly fast. It probably wasn't the best idea to make my alarm so loud since I am already really anxious. And now the first second of my day, my heart is beating like no tomorrow. 

I take deep breaths after turning it off and drinking water that I always have on my bedside table. I grab my phone again and open it up, clicking on the messaging app. 

Good morning, Harry x. 

I get up from my bed and do my usual routine of showering, fixing my hair, putting on minimal makeup and changing into black skinny jeans and a navy blue t-shirt. I walk into the kitchen with my bag and phone, placing the bag down by the door before preparing tea in the kitchen. 

"Good morning, honey." My mum smiles at me. I give a smile back and sit across from her after plugging the kettle into the wall socket. "Are you alright?" She asks after a sigh escapes my lips. 

"Honestly, no." I say which makes my mum frown. "You went with Anne to the school yesterday, haven't you?" She nods which makes my heart beat faster. 

"Sweetie, it had to be done." I nod. 

"I know. Thank you for doing it actually. I'm just scared because I know the four of us are going to be called down during class. Wait, Harry doesn't know, does he?" I sit up straighter and look at my mum with wider eyes. I hope he doesn't because if he does then he would be freaking out a lot more than me right now. 

"No, no. Anne didn't tell him." I sigh with relief. But when we get called down during class, Harry would probably get a panic attack not knowing what is happening. I hope we get called down during English so I will be with him. But if we don't get called down during English, then I will rush to his classroom and hopefully find him somewhere around there.

"Okay." I nod. 

I hear the kettle whistling. I stand up and make my tea in my travelling mug that says IDGAF. It's pretty ironic because I do care what people say but it somehow makes me feel more confident in a way. It's something I can't really explain but it sort of helps me not care as much even though I still care care tremendously. 

I grab a banana and the sandwich my mum made for me, stuffing it into my bag. 

"Bye, mum." I give her a tight hug and kiss on the cheek. 

"Bye, sweetie. Good luck, call me after the meeting if you can." I nod while putting on my jacket and boots. 

"Bye. I love you." I put on my bag and grab my phone and travelling mug. 

"Love you too." I exit the door, grabbing the keys and entering my car. I check my phone after starting the engine. 

Good morning, love xx.

I smile at the text, sending one back. 

I'll pick you up today :) x. 

Okay :) xx. 

I take a sip from my mug before placing it on the cup holder besides me. I pull out of the driveway and drive down the street before turning at the stop sign. I stop besides Harry's house shortly after and cut the engine before climbing out and and ringing his doorbell. I wait two minutes before the door is yanked wide open.

"Joey!" He says surprised with his plaid shirt open widely. I smile and give him a hug. Pulling away, I plant a kiss on his lips. "I didn't know you were going to come this early." He panics while buttoning up with shirt. I laugh.