Chapter Sixteen

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

I wake up to Harry's cute little snores. I open one eye, seeing the boy sleep away with his eyes closed. His eye lashes look so long and full at this angle. I open my other eye and lift my head up to have a better view of Harry. His hair is covering most of his face and it makes me want to giggle since he looks so adorable. He looks so at peace and it warms my heart greatly. Another snore leaves his parted mouth. 

I hear some noise downstairs and assume it is Anne. I look at the clock on the opposite wall in his room and see it is seven in the morning. I slowly and carefully remove Harry's arm and put it besides him and slowly move away. Thankfully, Harry doesn't wake up and I am able to get out of the bed. I exit Harry's room and go down the stairs. I need to talk to Anne. Before I enter the kitchen, I put my hair I to a ponytail and fix my tank top and sweats. 

"Oh, Joelle." Anne looks shocked but smiles the next second. "What are you doing here?" She questions and gestures for me to take a seat across from her at the table. 

"Good morning, Anne. Sorry for coming without your permission." I fiddle with my hands feeling nervous. 

"It's alright, love. You're always welcome." She smiles. I can't help but smile back. I stay quiet thinking of what to say and how to form my words. I know she is wondering if I stayed the night and why and all those other questions.

"As you know, Harry had a big panic attack yesterday," she nods looking extremely sad. "And I came last night because he couldn't sleep and I don't want it to sound like I am controlling anyone but is it okay if he doesn't go to school today. He didn't get much sleep." I bit my lip and continue to fiddle with my fingers. 

"You don't sound controlling at all." She smiles at me. "And I actually was going to let him take a day off, I know how hard it must be for him." She frowns. "Thank you for staying the night with him, it's means a lot to see someone always there for Harry especially through this hard time." She puts a hand on top of mine and gives it a squeeze. 

"I will always be here for Harry." I give a small smile. 

"Thank you." She says. I nod. "But it don't know what happened yesterday, he never told me." She frowns again.

"He-umm." I pause to think over what I am going to say. "There are these two girls two started bullying me a few years back and they started bothering and teasing him too." I look down with a frown. Anne squeezes my hand. 

"Of course it's bullying." She seems angry. "I need to have a chat with the principal. I don't get how this is happening within the school." She shakes her head. She takes a deep breath and squeezes my hand again. "I am so sorry to hear about your bullying, Joelle. It will get better and they will stop." I nod appreciating her words. 

"I have to go to work now. Please take care of my baby." I nod and stand up after her. "I will call the school and there will be a change. I promise you." She says and hugs me tightly. I hug back. "Are you skipping too?" I nod my head. "Make sure your mum knows, okay honey." I nod and smile, waving when she leaves the house. 

I walk to the kitchen and boil more water in the kettle before going back to Harry's room to grab my phone. I see Harry still sleeping, light snores leaving his mouth. My mouth curves upwards looking at the breathtaking boy. I reach out and push some of his hair aside since they were in his face. I grab my phone and head back downstairs to call my mum. 

"Joey." My mum says rushed when she answers. 

"Hi, mum." I say nervously not knowing how she is going to act. 

"Luckily I read the note before going to your room." She says letting out a breath. "Is everything alright?" I sit down on the kitchen table and sigh.