Chapter Six

CHAPTER SIX

I look around the school parking lot waiting for Harry to come. His car is parked again three down from mine. I still don't know what happened to his car. I'm not sure whether the battery died or he was just sitting on the floor being drenched by the rain since he didn't want to go somewhere. I know sometimes when I don't want to go somewhere I rather just sit down where I am and not move.

I open my car up and just decide to sit in the drivers seat as I wait for him to come. As I do, I keep going over what I am going to say to him and the possibilities of outcomes that could happen. When I see the tall, scrawny boy make his way to his car, that is when my heart rate picks up. 

He is wearing a brown jacket that stops at his waist. It is unzipped showing off his black shirt inside and his cross necklace. I notice how tight his dark blue jeans are and I wonder how he puts them on and take them off. They seem tighter than mine. 

I get out of my car and wave him to come to me. He quickly does a 360° look over and proceeds his way towards me.

"Hey Harry." I smile.

"H-hi Joelle." I notice how how my name rolls off his tongue in his deep voice. And I notice how much I like it.

"Still want to hang out?" I ask. I feel so worried that he doesn't want to hang out with me anymore. 

"Y-yeah." I let out a sigh of relief and open my car door.

"Hop in then." I smile. He walks over to the passenger side and climbs in as I enter my car too. 

I start the engine before buckling up and then slowly drive out if the lot. I decide not to talk since the comfortable silence is too peaceful to break. I could tell by the way he is sitting that he is much more comfortable besides me now. 

As I drive, the only thing that can be heard is the radio playing in the background and the noise of the car. Harry doesn't ask where we are going and I take that as a good sign since it feels like he trusts me. At red lights I would look at him through the corner of my eye too see the gorgeous boy besides me. And once I saw him taping his finger just the slightest to the beat of the music. I smiled at the sight. 

Fifteen minutes later, I stop in the side of a side street and park. After I cut off the engine, I look at Harry who is trying to figure out where we are.

"Come, I want to show you something." I climb out of the car as Harry does the same and starts walking on the grass. 

It leads to a path with a small little bridge that goes on top if a little stream of water. The path continues after the bridge and I pass by the thin space between some trees that have lost their leaves. Right when I squeeze by, the open field of grass and trees meets my eyes. 

I love coming to this place. Whenever I just want to relax outside in nature, this is where I would go. It's also my safe zone and I know that if I have any sort of problem bothering me, this place will never fail to help me out. It is just so calming and peaceful. There is just something here that I love so much - probably because it reminds me of my dad. 

I look back at Harry and see his eyes wide in amazement.

"Pretty cool, huh?" He nods. 

I walk to the closest tree and sit on the bench that's under it. Harry follows and sits a feet away.

"My dad showed me this place." I tell Harry as I look around the beautiful park. "I was six the first time he brought me here. We - along with my mum - were coming back from my grandparents house and I kept complaining on the ride back. I was uncomfortable in my seat so they decided to stop on the side of the road. But me being the mischievous little girl I was, I ran down the path that lead to here. My dad and mum caught up and we found this place. After since that day we would always come back. I remember my dad pushing me on the swing down there. I also remember playing sports with him here. Football, Frisbee, lacrosse." I sigh while closing my eyes.