☆Chapter Seven: She's the Boss☆

This chapter is completely in KARMA'S POV hope you like it. I sure as hell loved writing it :)

Karma:♡

                Getting up out of bed wasn’t something I really felt like doing at the moment, it’s been two days since Avril and Trinity used the fae drug on me and I was still feeling the side effects. Yes the drug was out of my system but the after effects of the drug that they used could be felt up to two weeks after the dosage and the side effects are a complete and utter b*tch. The side effects that are the most common are constant nausea, fever, pale clammy skin, and constantly being covered in sweat. Unfortunately for me I was feeling every single of these side effect and some of the others such as sleepiness, dizziness and migraines. I haven’t been able to get out of bed without falling over on to the hard wood floor of my room.

                Rourke had been visiting me every chance he got and taking care of me but I didn’t want him to think that I couldn’t take care of myself. Every time he did something for me that I should have been able to do for myself I felt like I was some helpless little girl that couldn’t do the littlest things for herself. I knew that all he wanted to do was help but the way he was going about it was starting to make me a little angry.

Finally able to drag myself out of bed I made it down the long hall to Dulce’s room and knocked on the door.

“Dulce?” I call out.

I don’t know why but I just felt the need to make sure she was okay. Sometimes it felt like she was a part of me like she was meant to be part of my life.

"What?" She replied though her voice was horse.

"Are you going to classes today?" I ask.

                Neither of us had been to classes in the last two days. I was too busy dealing with the side effects of the fae drug and Dulce was just sick. I still don't know what was wrong with her but every time River came over with Rourke he's always ask about her. At first I didn't find this unusual until I saw the pained look on his face every when I told him that nothing had changed concerning her health.

"No, I don't feel up to that at all," she said I heard her feet pad slowly towards the door. And slowly the door was opened.

"Sh*t Dulce you need to go see the Academy doctor. Every time I see you, you’re looking worse and worse. We need to find out what’s going on with you." I tell her.

I knew she would just tell me that she's sick and that she'd be better in a couple days but I also knew that wasn't true. Like I just said she's not getting better she's getting worse every single day.

"That's too much, I just need to sleep it away. And I don't like Doctors," she muttered. Her blood shot eyes giving away the fact that she hadn't been sleeping. She was covered up in a huge sweat shirt and sweat pants and shaking.

"Either you go see the Doctor or I'm calling Rourke and having him bring the doctor here." I growl.

"There's nothing that they can do for it," she said slowly. Nodding her head as she talked. "I'll just have to deal with it, it's a price to pay," this time her voice was harsh.

"Are you telling me that you know what's going on and you've just let me sit here worrying about you?"

                I couldn't believe that she was acting like this. Yeah were not the best of friends but we were getting there and I needed to know what was going on with her or I'd end up going out of my mind with worry. Some people just don't know when to ask for help and I'm starting to understand that Dulce was one of those people.