Chapter 14

CHAPTER 13 AS BEEN REWRITTEN. READ IT FIRST BEFORE THIS.

YAY HERE IS CHAPTER 14. SORRY ITS TAKEN SO LONG FOR UPDATES. I TRY TO GET IT DONE SOONER BUT SOMETIMES THINGS JUST DONT COME TO ME. THIS CHAPTER IS ALSO DEDICATED TO YOUWISHIWASYOU! HAPPY READING.

MYKAELA’S P.O.V.

Its been a little over three months since the shooting at the Hip Hop Shop. Things have calmed down considerably. It turns out that the people in the car were the two people from Curtis’ past. Which meant that Anton was on the run somewhere. Though Curtis has been acting somewhat normal which is strange for him. Dean however wouldn’t let up. Which means more body guards. Which is fine because I haven’t been going any where. I started physical therapy about a month ago. My therapist says that I’m progressing really well. 

Right now I’m preparing dinner with five of Deans’ people standing in different positions. Lasagna sounded nice so that’s what I’m finishing. “Honey, I’m home!” Curtis’ voice echoes through the house playfully. I couldn’t help but laugh. Curtis stepped into the kitchen in his three piece pinstriped suit. My God my husband looks so good! “Stop looking at me like that unless you want dinner to burn.” I smirked back at him in response. He stepped extremely close to me. “You are a bad girl and I will be spanking you for that later.” 

The thought of that had my entire body igniting. Feels like its been forever since we’ve been together. Curtis kind of reverted back to when we were dating. For a minute I thought I would have to tie him up and have my way with him. The oven timer dinged effectively pulling us out of our moment. 

After dinner we decide to watch a little television before bed. The house is so quite without Brooklyn. Unfortunately for me, her Grandparents have taken her for a few days. I was more than happy to let her go, with a guard/nanny of course, for some out of the house fun. 

“What do you want to watch?” Curtis asks from beside me. I don’t know how he can see what’s on he’s flipping the channels so fast. I just shrug my shoulders in reply. After another full round of channel surfing he settles on ESPN. I relax into the couch as I lay me head on his shoulder. “Is that Detroit and Denver?” I ask. Curtis looks up from his phone that is suddenly in his hands. “Looks like it. Wonder if Em is watching.” I comments going back to his phone. 

The beginning of fourth quarter was just starting when my cell started ringing. I don’t check the caller ID because I know the ring tone. “Hey Ty-” I’m cut short by hysterical crying. Instantly I sit up straight. “Tyler, what’s wrong?” More crying. I can tell he’s trying to tell me something but its so incoherent. “Tyler, I cant understand you. Please calm down.” He takes several deeps breath. I can hear the hiccups even before he speaks. “They found him. He’s in jail Myk. I just thought I should tell you.” Tyler whispers. I know who he is referring to without asking. For a moment I couldn’t really respond to that. Part of me wishes he died with the other two. They tried to kill me and leaving my daughter without a mother and my husband with no wife.

After taking a deep breath, I sigh loudly glancing at Curtis whose attention is solely on me. “Well that’s good news, right? You have been so worried that he was dead. Have you seen him?” I put as much sincerity into that statement as I could. Even though I felt the way I did it was no reason to take it out on my friend. “Yes.” He said tentatively. “Ty, I’m your friend. Don’t be hesitant to talk to me. No matter what.” He sighs in relief, I think. “It was for the last time. I find it hard to love him when he tried to kill my best friend.” There was a brief pause. “He was beaten to pulp. The police found him recovering in a Nevada hospital. It wasn’t until he healed more that they realized who he was.”