Chapter 4 (revised)

Picture of Evelyn on the side. Should I change the name of the story? I'm thinking: 'Their Fate'. What do you think??

MARSHALL’S P.O.V.

For the past couple of weeks I have been talking to Fifty. He keeps telling me about these crazy messages that he keeps getting from some unknown numbers. Its always the same message just different numbers. I don’t know what the hell The Time Is Coming means either. Probably just some dumbass trying to get under his skin. It is working though. Both of us have increased the security on our families. Without them knowing of course. 

“Em, you okay?” Evelyn’s voice pulls me out of my thoughts. We have been skyping for a few months in our respective studios for awhile now. Trying to find the right sound for her. I think we’re getting close but nothing yet. 

I look up to the screen to see concern written all over her face. “Oh yeah, sorry. My mind cant stop running off. What were you saying?” She laughs lightly causing me to smile inwardly. “I was asking how your Easter was. You guys went to Texas, right?” Before I can answer the studio door opens and a little blond head pops in. “Morning Dad. Asia says she ready to go.” I nod my head at her. “I will catch up with you later Evelyn.” She nods in confirmation and we both cut the connections.

Whitney grabs my hand pulling me, reluctantly, to the stairs. 

ASIA’S P.O.V.

For weeks I have been allowing Marshall to keep me in the house. Today I really need to see my store. I’m so worried that things aren’t going the way I need them to. Although, I have complete confidence in my manager I need to see things for myself.

“Finally the vampire has emerged from the dungeon.” I say chuckling as Marshall and Whitney descends the stairs. I can tell by the look on his face that he is not in the mood for such jokes. “Marshall.” I whine a little. “I have to go into the store. I cant just leave it.” He doesn’t say a word as he reaches the bottom floor. 

For a moment I think he is going to protest me leaving. Instead he leans in cupping my face in hands and kisses me passionately. By the time he pulls back I forget what I was doing. The only thing I want to do is go up stairs to our room and stay locked in there for a few more weeks. “Its fine. Go to the store. Just call me when you make it and when you leave.” I nod my head smiling but thinking ‘oh yeah the store’. After he releases me I’m out the door.

Once I reach the store things are kind of chaotic. Not in a bad way just a lot of people are in the store shopping. The line to the register is long even though it seems the entire staff are checking people out. I cant help but smile at the good profit day we seem to be having. 

I remember the first days of the store being opened. Not many people would venture in. I later found out that most everyone thought it was a store for high end clothing. I even had one person tell me that the name just sound like we were trying to put people down. Eventually people got over themselves. Today is proof of that.

“Boss Lady! Cant believe the old ball and chain let you out.” A chuckle escaped my lips at that statement. “For a minute I didn’t think I was going to get out. I escaped by the skin of my teeth. Although, I see that it was a wasted trip. Cherry, you see to have everything under control.” A bright smile lights up her face. “Thanks Boss.” Someone in the corner called for help so Cherry bounced over to help. 

Cherry was right out of college when I met her. She has been a great asset to the line. Some days I just don’t know what I would have done without her. I sent a quick text to Marshall then head for the office in the back of the store. Taking a seat in my chair I pick up the phone to touch base with Charlie.