Chapter 6 (revised)

HERE IS CHAPTER 6 RE-WRITTEN. EVERYTHING IS MOSTLY THE SAME JUST A LITTLE BIT DIFFERENT.

CURTIS’ P.O.V.

“What do you think about all of this?” I have been talking on the phone with my Grandma for about an hour now. I just didn’t know who else to talk to and she seemed like the best option. “I just don’t know what to think. I don’t feel like my girl would cheat on me but the pictures and the lying are just to strong on my mind.” There is a pause before my Grandma speaks again. “Just keep in mind the kind of woman you married. She loves you. There has to be a reason for what is going on.” 

She sighs then continues. “Anyway what do you have planned for your birthday? Its in a couple of days.” Then it clicks to me. The feeling of dread for not trusting my wife hits hard. “A surprise party.” I say barely above a whisper. “That has to be it!” My grandma exclaims with a laugh. “See you’re worrying for nothing. Now don’t go ruining her surprise.” We make plans for the family to get together for my birthday soon and hung up.

I have no idea how I’m going to make up how I have been acting for the last few days. I guess I had been so busy with work and the stress of everything that my birthday never crossed my mind.

MYKAELA’S P.O.V.

Sitting on this couch watching television is all I can bring myself to do for the last two days. Curtis is away on some business until the day of his party which is two days away. He wasn’t scheduled to go any where but decided at the last minute. I wonder why? I’m sure you feel the sarcasm in that statement. 

Life the last week has been so hard. He barley wants to touch me since the news broke. I know I should just come out and say I’m planning your birthday party and the guys are helping. That’s the reason for all this drama. Something in me just couldn’t let some jackass out there ruin this. Everyone who loves Curtis is going to be there. Especially his family who are helping me by keeping the surprise a secret. I never thought throwing a party could cause so much drama. 

Hearing Brook crying pulls me away from my thoughts. I get up from the couch and head to her room. Stepping in I see that nap time is definitely over. “Hi baby girl did you sleep alright?” She smiles at me and starts to chant momma. As I pull her from her crib I hear the door bell. Who could that be? I wondered to myself.

With Brook on my hip we head to the door. After checking the peephole I open the door for Dean. “Hey Dean. Thought you were with Curtis.” He just smiles without saying a word and hands me an envelope. Brooklyn reaches for Dean and he expertly pulls her into his arms.

I open it with confusion playing on my face. Immediately realize that it is from Curtis. It states how sorry he is and that to make it up he has created a girls day for me and Brooklyn. By the time I’m done reading the letter tears are running down my face. “Grab some shoes for you and Brooklyn and we will be off.” I nod with tears falling freely. I would have spoke but I don’t think my voice will come out right. After grabbing some shoes and my purse we left the house.

MARSHALL’S P.O.V.

This past week has been like the living dead.  Well where Fifty is concerned. After the scandal broke about Myk he just hasn’t been the same. We all tried talking to him but he refused to talk to anyone about it. He was mad, no pissed is more like it, at everyone that was caught in a picture with her. Fool just wouldn’t listen. 

I walked into the studio and see him sitting on the couch like he lost his best friend. “Yo Fifty! You ight, man? What’s up? Don’t lie to me either.” He lets out a deep sigh before he answers and I know this has to do with Myk. “I fucked up man.” He let out a quick humorless chuckle then continued. “I know she will never cheat on me. She loves me.” Now I’m confused. “If you know this then why you sitting in here like you lost your best friend?” Another deep sigh. “She wont talk to me. Honestly we haven’t really been talking but there has been no contact all week. Two days ago I tried to apologize.”