Chapter 5 (revised)

ASIA’S P.O.V. 

“Asia, get up its time to get ready to go.” Marshall’s voice penetrates my blissful sleep. I express my feelings at being woken up by groaning and throwing the blanket over my head. “You’re the one who wanted to make this trip. So get up, now.” Very reluctantly I roll out of bed and move to the bathroom for a shower.

Hearing your Dad died before you ever got the chance to meet him can be depressing. However, I never had the desire to meet him anyway. So I’m happy with having Evelyn I wont worry about that other fact.

After my shower I dress in a pair of black jean Capri’s with a red polo shirt and matching vans. The smell of food pulls me to the kitchen where I find the family beginning breakfast. I kiss Brook, Lady and Ronnie before taking my spot next to Marshall. “I am assuming that Myk cooked.” I thanked her at Curtis’ confirming nod to my comment and start eating. 

As I ate my food and fed Ronnie, I reflected on the events from two weeks ago. Dean sat us all down to tell us all about Paul Knight. In the findings it was revealed he had a sister, Aunt Lisa. Who lives in Southern California with her three boys. It took me and Evelyn about a day to get the nerve up to talk to her. 

Apparently, Paul told her about a rumor going around that he may have a daughter in the world some where but he wasn’t sure. To sum it all up he was a man whore and she wouldn’t be surprised if he had more children out there somewhere. Which is why she wasn’t surprised to her hear from the two of us. Before we hung up we made plans for a visit.

Which is why we are all sitting in Mykaela’s California home. “You okay?” Marshall asks in a whisper. I nod and look over to smile at him. At the sight of my smile he relaxes back into his chair and continues to feed a enthusiastic Lady.

A few hours later we have a picnic set up at Pearson Park near Duck Pond. Marshall and Curtis are standing closer to the pond watching Evelyn chase the twins and Brook around a tree nearby. Sounds of their laughter resounding around the area causing the guys to chuckle. From my spot on the blanket next to Mykaela I can see some of Dean’s people, who are strategically placed around the pond, watching but not watching us. 

“You think that’s her?” Mykaela’s whisper voice pulls me out of my staring. I look up to see a white haired woman walking towards us. I couldn’t help the smile that presented itself at seeing her wearing A to O. Mykaela and I stood as she approached. “Aunt Lisa?” I turned to see Evelyn standing to my left, with an expectant look, waiting for this woman to answer her question. I turned back around as Aunt Lisa nodded in answer. From the corner of my eye I can see the kids running over to their dads. Helping me to relax a little more.

Evelyn shifted towards Aunt Lisa bringing my full attention back to the situation at hand. “It’s great to finally meet you.” Evelyn stated offering her hand to Aunt Lisa. She stood there for a second staring at Evelyn’s hand. Without a word she launched herself at Evelyn causing the guards to move a step closer. They stopped once they realize that Aunt Lisa was only embracing Evelyn. “I’m so happy I finally found you-well you found me technically but I’m happy to finally see you or meet you. Oh my gosh you are so beautiful look at you.” 

I laughed out loud at her rambling. Causing her attention to come to me. “And you must be Asia.” I silently cursed myself for laughing then braced myself for the attack. It never came. Instead she slowly approached and embraced me tightly. “Its so good to meet you.” 

“Why don’t the three of you sit and talk and I’ll help the guys with the kids.” My eyes just about jumped out of their sockets. I hadn’t even acknowledged the fact that Myk is here too. I looked around really quick while saying, “where are my manners?” At the sound of Myk and Evelyn’s laughter I stop looking around. I then give Myk an apologetic smile then introduce her.