Be My Home, Please

"Marie don’t make any dinner today, I will be eating out." Ian announced closing the last button of his shirt.

"Alright, have fun!" Marie greeted from the kitchen as Ian passed her a smile walking towards the door.

"Ian wait!" She called out immediately as she remembered what she had to do. "I visited Lisa yesterday, and she gave me this." She spoke handing him the same piece of the envelope she gave her.

"I...how is she doing?" Ian asked strumming a bit before taking the envelope in his hands. So many questions came to his mind. That how might she be doing? Did she miss her? Did she forgive him yet?

"I think she is okay now, the doctors are going to send her home today."

"Oh well, I am glad." Ian said twirling with the paper in his hands.

"Why don’t you visit her once huh? It’s been a whole week since you have seen her." Marie asked with concern flashing across her face.

"She doesn’t want to see me, Marie. And even if she did, I have made her life complicated enough. She needs a rest from that." Ian answered with his head hung low.

"Love is complicated, honey. But if it’s true you need to have the guts to fight for it." She answered placing a light and familiar pat on his shoulder. "Read the letter, but just don’t get too late." She completed walking away from him.

Ian walked towards the car parked in front of the house, before setting himself on the seat. He tore opened the envelope to find a handwritten letter in it, that he was guessing was written by Lisa.

Dear Ian,
First of all I am sorry for everything. Every misunderstanding and every problem I have caused to you. I was really a simple girl, painted in my studio, went for quite walks and then sat at home watching rounds and repeat of Friends but that was even before I met you. You made me a different person, you changed me completely. Or maybe just made me meet the very side of me which had been hiding inside for me for so long. Six months, six whole months is what it took you to change me, for better. I asked my father about Hailee, he did caused the accident and I might sound selfish but he deserved a second chance. He confessed Ian, he is getting better. But I know what he took from you, I can feel the pain you have been through and I am sorry if for any reason I had increased it. I might have blamed you for everything but now that I see you weren’t wrong, you had just lost someone you loved. I know no amount of apologies would make up to what you have lost, but I have to ask you to move on. Hailee has got her justice and she must want you to forget and move on. Might I say how lucky she was to have you?
After my mothers dead, I just forget how to smile but you reminded me that I can still be happy. Even if all those times and memories and time was fake it doesn’t matter because I will carry them with me like it was the best dream I have ever lived. You no longer need to fake any thing, Ian. This time find a nice girl and do truly fall in love. You won’t have to see me anymore, it’s time for me to start fresh. I am leaving for Paris tomorrow, the only place I can find peace. I asked my lawyer to make the divorce papers, its already in the envelope and I already signed it. You are free, Ian. Welcome a new life.
Have a happy and beautiful life, Ian. This time do try to live truly.

I love you.
Lisa

The tears trailed down from Ian’s cheeks as he completed the letter. He quickly filtered with the envelope to find the signed divorce papers in them. He couldn’t stop himself from crying, did she really think he would be happy without her? He had to stop her, let her know how much she love her. He quickly stretched the car tires making U-turn and driving to her house.